IC Doctor Who: Doom of the TARDIS

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
SP 9/8 GSP 4/4

Lysa slips away for a bit as the group makes their way. Maybe the officials had those 'papers' they got asked for... Or other valuable things. A few oh so casual brushes by the black-robed men, and she'll find out...
OOC: coordination 6 subterfuge 4: 2d6+10 16

I'll spend whatever's needed to make that a 'yes, but' if it's a failure, and to make it a 'yes, and' if successful. Since it's thieving, can I spend my gadget SP?
 

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
OOC: The difficulty's 18, so 1 SP to get it up to a 'yes, but'.
Since it's thieving, can I spend my gadget SP?
Absolutely! How do you use your Thief Array beyond its usual capabilities?


Ace
OOC: Are you sticking with Bartek, or checking out the other church, or something entirely different?


Bartek (and Ace?)
The turtle kraals are made up of semi-submerged pens packed tightly together. The turtle 'farmers' tend to their patches from jetties or in small rowing boats, hauling up nets of turtles, while keeping an eye on their competitors. A few officials and watchmen stand guard over the whole enterprise, making sure that nothing happens to jeopardise the port's primary food supply.

The church you were told about is barely a church at all. It's more like a three shacks nailed together. There is a wooden cross (slightly lopsided) hanging on the wall next to the entrance, over a sign (painted surprisingly neatly) reading "Celebrate today. Pray for tomorrow."
 

thenorm42

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: I think I'd cramp Lysa's style while she's off thieving, and while churches aren't really Ace's thing, Bartek might need a hand negotiating human society. So Ace'll go with Bartek.


Ace, aware that eating turtles led to their rarity in her time, looks away from the workers at the kraal a little sadly. She smiles at the state of the church, though. "Looks like a more down-to-earth sort of church than I was expecting!"
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Bartek also regarded the kraals a little sadly, there were too many animals packed in tight together....his people only took 5% from the nests near the tideline and their kraals extended many hundreds of metres out into the ocean....this was....too human.....he made a note to self to come back that evening and perhaps engage in some liberation.....some terrestrials teased his people that they resembled turtles....in the past this hadn't bothered him as he had always admired the Archelon for their power and grace.....but most of these were small and quite young.....

He puffed his throat pouch in annoyance and turned towards the building Ace was looking at, " It is certainly.....earthy....for something meant to revere a sky god....."

He strode up and knocked on the door.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
OOC: The difficulty's 18, so 1 SP to get it up to a 'yes, but'.

Absolutely! How do you use your Thief Array beyond its usual capabilities?
Even stuffed into gloves, Lysa's hands are still marvels of black market engineering, flexible in ways no human hand should be. Even just being able to curl your fingers backwards is great for snagging something that you surely shouldn't be able to.
 
Last edited:

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Bartek and Ace
OOC:
he made a note to self to come back that evening and perhaps engage in some liberation
Oh heck yes, that sounds fantastic.


Inside, the church is surprisingly well lit, despite the lack of windows. This is because about half the roof is missing, so the room is bathed in golden late afternoon sunlight. It illuminates some rickety wooden pews, and a wooden altar carved in a way that might have been trying for ornate. In the more sheltered part of the room sits a man on the younger side of middle age, smoking a pipe and stroking his large moustache. He nods to you.

"Come in, come in," he says in clipped British tones. The sort Ace heard on the TV growing up. "Light a candle, say a prayer. The city's doomed, by the way. Have you heard?"

Lysa

It's the work of a moment to brush against one of the officials, and slip a hand inside his black satchel. Your fingers curl in some frankly improbable directions, snagging a wad of papers, and a leather money pouch. Unfortunately, your little finger catches slightly on the strap as you draw it out. The official feels it as you bumping into him, and gives you a venomous look.

"Do you mind?" He pulls the satchel closer and marches away down the street. You think you might have gotten away with it, until you see him reach inside the satchel, as if to reassure himself the contents are still there. They aren't, of course. He stops dead, and then turns back, locking eyes on Lysa.
 

thenorm42

Registered User
Validated User
Ace nods to the priest. Usually she's not keen on authority figures, especially not religious ones, but this guy screams 'aging hippy' more than 'fire and brimstone'. "Actually we haven't, but I have a feeling me and my friend here might be able to help!" She gestures to Barty to drop his Shimmer. "Can you fill us in on the details?"
 

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"An earthquake," says the priest. "A week from now, this city will be shaken to pieces. Drowned by a vast wave. Completely devastating. I don't suppose you'd consider fleeing for your lives? Nobody else has," he adds bitterly.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa gives him an aristocratic-ish harrumph and busies herself concealing the goods as quickly as she can, quickly pulling up the arm of her dress to stuff the items in her shoulder compartment before he - oh, bugger, that was fast.

She gives him an innocent look before sprinting off into the crowd, looking hopefully for someone's hanging laundry in an alley or something so she can yank a quick disguise...

OOC: Hmm, what to roll here?
 

thenorm42

Registered User
Validated User
"We're not the types to go running in fear, we're more the sorting-disasters-out type! Would this earthquake have something to do with some, um, undersea friends of yours? "
 
Top Bottom