IC Doctor Who: Doom of the TARDIS

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Bartek nodded, " Right....so you got to the surface in a converted suit? If the crystal is part of the doctors ship it is probably doing exactly that....the machine is....alive."

" My idea was to salvage the crystal, stabilise the craft and then we can come and get everyone at the exact space-time coordinates almost immediately from their point of view....unfortunately our only time "corridor".....I don't remember the actual term....is on the ship that dropped us off here....if we had a portable one we could evacuate everyone first..and then try but we don't....it may still be a good idea to get all the acquatics and those who would survive a suit trip away from the Promise before we try removing the crystal...."

He looked to his companion for assistance....

OOC: Bartek will spend a SP to hold it together long enough to relay this....he is not good at this stuff....
 

thenorm42

Registered User
Validated User
Ace thinks out loud. "If I have access to some chemicals and kit, I can probably make something to stabilise things down there even after the crystal is removed. Give us a nice wide time window to pull everyone else out! And I've got some, um, additional resources that might help us understand the temporal engineering angle..."
 

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ace and Bartek

OOC: Aw, Bartek. You're doing amazing, buddy. I'm going to give the spent SP an extra use, taking something Bartek said and sparking off it.

"That's brilliant!" Innes grins (as was probably inevitable). "If the crystal can sustain the ship, it can sustain a suit long enough to get Kaara out. And if it's alive..." Innes claps Bartek on the back. "My friend, you're a genius."

"It sounds like we've got something like a plan coming together." Innes is pacing back and forth slightly wildly, stroking his moustache all the while. "Getting everyone we can off the Promise is a good idea. That might be where the kidnapping comes in. I'm a little short of chemicals," he waves vaguely at the bare church, "but I reckon we can scrounge some stuff up. I know a decent apocathery.

"The biggest problem is time. We only have a week before the earthquake hits. I've been trying to convince people to leave, but...I don't think it works like that, does it?" He shakes his head sadly, stopping his pacing. "I wish we could save everyone. But saving my crewmates is something, at least. Thank you."

Lysa

"There are easier ways to buy clothes, you know," says the woman. She seems to be sizing you up. "Come in, then. But if you're playing me wrong, I've not just got a stick."

She stands aside to let you in to a modest room, mostly filled with a similarly modest bed. "So how much gold are you offering? They really are very good clothes," she adds.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
7/8 SP 3/4 GSP

The thief scrambles in and grins. As she glances around the room, she thinks that it's rather nicer than the cubbyhole she grew up in, but not nearly so nice as most places she's burgled. "Well, one makes do in a hurry. I'm sure I have enough..." She doesn't actually know how much gold is worth here, so she just starts slipping coins out of her gloves until the woman's body language gives away that it exceeds expectations. Easy come, easy go, after all. And she needed to get back to the others...
 

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
One by one, you slip the coins out of your gloves like a conjuring trick. As you do so, your fingers brush up against the wad of papers you stole.

The woman tries to play it cool, but her eyes still go wide after not all that many coins. She notices you noticing, and laughs sheepishly.

"That'll do, I think," she says. "Unless you want to offer more?" She looks at you for a moment, not sizing you up any more, just considering you. "You're very strange," is all she manages.

Bartek and Ace
OOC: As always, if you want anything to happen before this bit, we can easily squeeze it in or cover it in flashback. But I think we've had a lot of plans and exposition, so how about something completely different.

Also, thenorm42 thenorm42 , I want to let you decide when you want to bring Headbot into things, so just say the word.

Innes looks emotional, and slightly embarrassed about it. He comes from a time and culture that hasn't quite gotten over the stiff upper lip thing, after all. He might be about to make yet more speeches, but a voice bellows from outside.

"Harold Innes! You're wanted on the charges of treason and impersonating a member of the clergy."

"Oh hell," says Innes quietly. "Not now."

"Come out, unarmed and quietly. We don't want to have to push your shack over."

Innes looks towards Ace and Bartek. "What should we do?"

Edit: Missed off the last line when I posted last night.
 
Last edited:

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
One by one, you slip the coins out of your gloves like a conjuring trick. As you do so, your fingers brush up against the wad of papers you stole.

The woman tries to play it cool, but her eyes still go wide after not all that many coins. She notices you noticing, and laughs sheepishly.

"That'll do, I think," she says. "Unless you want to offer more?" She looks at you for a moment, not sizing you up any more, just considering you. "You're very strange," is all she manages.
Lysa
7/8 SP 3/4 GSP

"Well, I'm a thief, but I like to think I'm not a bad guy. Just evening things out a bit..." She leans in, getting a bit distracted. "So, want to show me how to wear these? I'm not from around here..."
 

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa

She snorts. "Every thief I've ever known said the same thing. Not knowing how to dress yourself is original, though. Look, you put the skirt on like this." She pulls it up around you. "And then the shirt like this, and the bodice over the top." She pauses, her hands at Lysa's waist. Your eyes meet for a moment, and - is she blushing, slightly?

She steps back. "My name's Adelaide, by the way," she says. She's trying to play it cool again. "What's yours?"

OOC: Oops. Had this written out and didn't actually post it. Sorry!
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I do know skirts," Lysa replies playfully. "But I haven't worn a top like this before... I think you're going to have to help me into it." She holds her gaze for a bit and smiles. "Mmm, that's a pretty name... I'm Lysa."

She's sure her friends are having a nice relaxing chat with the fake priest or whatever, surely they won't need her...
 

thenorm42

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: What would the difficulty be to distract them by chucking some Nitro-9 out of a window?
 

Hollow Spectacular

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: I think it's safe to say they'd find it pretty distracting, even without a roll. It's Nitro-9, though, so it'd be a difficulty 21 Ingenuity + Science roll to get it to go off (relatively) safely and without accidentally exploding anyone or knocking a building down on top of you. Once it's set off you'd get +5 to any sort of escape or surprise attack rolls, to reflect the fact that Nitro-9 really is very distracting.

I'll also give you 2 Story Points if you actually do this, to reflect Ace's Impulsive trait. 3, if she just hurls it out the window without making it safe first.

Lysa

Adelaide is definitely blushing now, but she smiles invitingly. "Oh really? Well, Lysa," she says, savouring the name, "I think I can probably help you with that." She steps in close, still making eye contact, her hands at Lysa's waist again.

OOC: Do you kiss? Beyond that, it's probably the right time to fade to black. But do you leave Adelaide expecting to see you again, or does Lysa say a more permanent goodbye? And take a Story Point for Lysa's Selfish trait.
 
Top Bottom