• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Dogs In The Vineyard] Anyone else used it for Serenity/Firefly?

fireflyIV

From the Marx Bros. Movie
And a worked example; It's quite simple (just 4 major NPCs), but I still think this would work quite well, even if I do say so myself :)

"The Aberdeen Job"

(snip)
This is an excellent Firefly/Serenity adventure outline, even for those who aren't running their games with DitV.

Warren

Validated User
This is an excellent Firefly/Serenity adventure outline, even for those who aren't running their games with DitV.
Cool! Thank you. I'd be interested in any Actual Play that comes from either this adventure, or play that's been based off of these Job creation rules...

I'll most likely throw up an Actual Play thread, so when i do I'll PM you the link.
Awesome! Thank you.

Hunter

Validated User
I'm going to derail the thread for two seconds to say that I've tried combining Trinity and Serenity with great results.
I'm going to derail the thread further by asking how you handled the Trinity psions in the Serenity/Firefly-verse. (A few concise statements will be fine). :)

Back on topic - this is a really cool idea! I look forward to seeing how it works out in actual play.

Last edited:

GoldenApe

Pretty Pink Prince(ss)
Validated User
I'm going to derail the thread further by asking how you handled the Trinity psions in the Serenity/Firefly-verse. (A few concise statements will be fine). :)

Back on topic - this is a really cool idea! I look forward to seeing how it works out in actual play.
I'll let you know as well once we start.

EvilBrennan

Herald of Yog-Sothoth
Validated User
Start it on episode number four.
Stick a member of the crew in the brig under captains orders (thier own safety, moral, ect) after betraying/selling out the rest of the pcs for whatever personal reason. Leave what they did blank till the players give it form.
The last job left them with either someone dead (ex-member of the crew maybe?), someone hating them, or cargo that they don't want or can't get rid off (human cargo perhaps?).
Throw em in the middle of six or so crazy things and make sure every crew member is a part of at least two of them.

countrysamurai

Validated User
I'm doing the reverse -- playing a Dog character in the Serenity game. There's lots of branches spread throughout the Verse. Our captain likes the free relationship counseling I offer as well.

GoldenApe

Pretty Pink Prince(ss)
Validated User
Start it on episode number four.
Stick a member of the crew in the brig under captains orders (thier own safety, moral, ect) after betraying/selling out the rest of the pcs for whatever personal reason. Leave what they did blank till the players give it form.
The last job left them with either someone dead (ex-member of the crew maybe?), someone hating them, or cargo that they don't want or can't get rid off (human cargo perhaps?).
Throw em in the middle of six or so crazy things and make sure every crew member is a part of at least two of them.
You would do something like this. :D

Thanks, some great ideas here. Throwing them right in the thick of things would be great fun.

Top Bottom