• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Doing a UC Berkeley survey on games, and could use your help

Cisz

Validated User
You can't expect us to remember when we first heard of a game.

I miss a "don't remember" option, or a "not sure" qualifier. :)

I hope your teacher will not be as tough as I would be when it comes to sample randomization. And GL HF with your studies. :D

Allan Sugarbaker

RPGnet Member
Validated User
You can't expect us to remember when we first heard of a game.
Well, the general timeframe is what I was hoping for. Most people I've talked to have a sense of roughly when they heard about a game, within a few years. Your best guess would be fine.

I hope your teacher will not be as tough as I would be when it comes to sample randomization. And GL HF with your studies. :D
Thanks! I appreciate it. :)

zedturtle

Maker
Validated User
Done. I wish certain questions had been more fine-grained (especially about working in the industry), but it's all cool.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As a sociologist, the question about income levels struck me as pretty innocuous--it's the sort of thing you always ask about on surveys, along with gender, race, etc. (Actually, it's odd the survey didn't ask about race.) Sociologists doing survey research sometimes have to wrestle with how to get people to answer probing questions about controversial political topics, drug use and sexual habits. Income levels are pretty tame compared to that. And income could be relevant to the survey--correlations between that and how much money someone spends on games, how much time they spend gaming, etc. could be interesting.

Top Bottom