• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Dolemite is My Name! I am hype!

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
So this finally got a real prevue:

It’s good to see Murphy on screen again, and subject wise, Rudy deserves his legacy.

Also, having seen a few of him films I just love that:
“You know karate?/I’m a fast learner.”

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
Same writers as Ed Wood, my all-time favorite movie about chasing your dreams making art of questionable quality.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Same writers as Ed Wood, my all-time favorite movie about chasing your dreams making art of questionable quality.
I mean, if the question is "how stylish is this" sure.

As far as I know, ain't nobody walking up to Ed Wood going "thank you for featuring people that look like me in film". Maybe that never literally happened, but I suspect it captures a genuine sentiment in the film's original viewers.

I just read that Snoop Dogg attributes his musical style and persona to Rudy Ray Moore, so I suppose that it means something to him to have any part in the guy's biopic.

Personally, I'm rather enamoured of that 1970s Afro-American style and attitude. I've had a mild want to see more of the films from that era, so seeing a film about the creation and cultural context of them is kind of a bonus.

Old Toby

Least Known Dog on the Net
Validated User
Personally, I'm rather enamoured of that 1970s Afro-American style and attitude. I've had a mild want to see more of the films from that era, so seeing a film about the creation and cultural context of them is kind of a bonus.
This may be relevant to your interests... Though, as I recall, that one was more of a bio-pic/documentary mash-up with a much dryer style...

Old Toby
Least Known Dog on the Net

Top Bottom