[Dom5] Blind Nationgen game recruiting

Davrod

Validated User
Well Jomatsu and I are in an active war, not sure how rolling back would affect things, but it wouldn't make it easy to make the same moves again.

Davrod

Validated User
What I mean is that Jomatsu and I are raiding each other and also moving some larger armies about, if we re-set a turn its going to be obvious what we want to do with those forces, as we already did it once. The re-set turn would then either run the risk of being predictable or would force one or other of us to adopt what could be a sub-optimal strategy. Or am I missing something here?

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
Do you have a strong opinion, T Tomsknotfromomsk ? You were the one who had requested the extension that I missed, and you are still a contender. Davrod is against it, and otherwise feelings appear lukewarm. If we don't rollback, maybe I could send you a flame helmet or something by way of apology

Houlio

Gauche
Validated User
What I mean is that Jomatsu and I are raiding each other and also moving some larger armies about, if we re-set a turn its going to be obvious what we want to do with those forces, as we already did it once. The re-set turn would then either run the risk of being predictable or would force one or other of us to adopt what could be a sub-optimal strategy. Or am I missing something here?
I’ve been out of the game for awhile, but I’ve seen people just use an honor system here where only those who staled/had problems submit turns on a roll back and everyone else uses what’s already been submitted. That way it ideally doesn’t affect a new turn beyond the RNG reroll, and assuming you keep the old turn file you can check if someone else was taking advantage of it.

Davrod

Validated User
I see. Thanks for the explanation. I take it that Llamaserver has the original submission for anybody who doesn't submit a new file then?

Davrod

Validated User
Oh I should point out that I'm not against it per se, just needed clarification.

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
I see. Thanks for the explanation. I take it that Llamaserver has the original submission for anybody who doesn't submit a new file then?
Yes, it will still have all the turns that people submitted. It will say "waiting for turn" but all the previously submitted turns are there. In fact, you can use that to see if people edited or resubmitted their turns

Top Bottom