• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Dom5] Blind Nationgen game recruiting

Houlio

Gauche
Validated User
I think I was the first to go AI in this one, but I can speak a little on what I remember. My nation was Simbaique, a nation of Machakans and pygmies with some solid ENS pygmy mages. We also had sacred pygmy cavalry mounted on flying fish! Unfortunately, my expansion went abysmally. I lost 3 expansion parties by blindly bouncing off of my neighbors, which put me in a really tight spot early on. We tried to get an early war on for some new territory, but we ran up against the wall of a neighbors sacred, magic power camel cavalry. With our armies demolished again and again alongside getting attacked by our southern neighbor, I threw in the towel before Year 2.

That said, it was still fun to do (and follow once I was knocked out).

Tomsknotfromomsk

Validated User
Uganbum! Totally loved Depraved Destroyers. And their boss Depraved Lords that thugged up surprisingly well. And my flying fire nature/air blood mages. And my abundance of cheap blood hunters who died instantly every time I plugged them into a communion...

None of my troops had any armour to speak of (I had a lion and a parrot knight with 0 protection - dont think i recruited)1 any save some long spear guys and some spider knights. As I tanked my prod scale I hardly ever built any of them and relied on cheap machaka ish hide shield guys basically as a target whilst my souped up recruit anywhere camel fiends tore around stabbing everyone to death before they got clobbered through their thin leather jerkins. I took a bless to accentuate their stabbiness with some hitting attack 22 or so in the right circumstances especially as everyone had magic scales. They sometimes died in droves but they went down lancing and smashing.

Magic wise I decided to go full blood and build stacks of bone fiends asap with my infernal spirit asap. And aim for the high blood summons which I had never done before.

My start didn't go brilliantly but was average. Occasionally a little clumsy. I ended up as a little blob against the pond with kongtala and simba lining up to kill me. Fortunately the camels had no problem against simba. Super high mobility meant that I could pick and choose where to hit back. Was fun! Kongtala kicked my ass and torched my camels (foolish not to add flame retardant to the bless) but then (thankfully!) agreed to not fight me any more. I think kong for some reason I can't work out was just better than uganbum. Troops magic scripting not sure.

Then just kind of rolled from there stabbing and killing. Finished off simba. Did a deal with funburg to help him against jomatsu then got some provs when he finally went down. Snuck in and grabbed celor, then had an epic war with djewald. So much glorious stabbing, with some classic undead vampire darkness rigor mortis thrown in.

Then I sat and summoned like there was no tomorrow and eventually took the celor cap. With blood vortex I was on about 150 to 200 slaves a turn. I had 30 to 40 provs (too much micro management!). Got almost all the demon lords (some re summoned 3 or 4 times after they got jomatsu'd) and some awesome heliophaguses.

But no thrones for any easy win! And a wierd long stretchy kingdom. And an obvious rematch with jomatsu on the cards. So eternal war with jomatsu ensued. Sorry jomatsu! Hope you enjoyed the battles as much as I did. Though you won every single one with those bloody green lions and some quality magic. Even against 100 flying demon knights. If you'd worked on my blood economy at all I'd have been toast. V good game if long and eventually a bit silly - was just about to unleash astral corruption it had gone that far. Thanks all!

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
What I do with my mod nations is to upload it and the sprites in a folder to your uploading site of choice, I use Megaupload.
That gives you a link you can post that others can use to download it , like so : https://mega.nz/#F!SMIwUSKb!ApEwV1h2yIE2UWV9qJ3zKQ

In this case, that is a link to LA Boatmurdered, a Fortress of Dwarves, my Dwarf Fortress mod and contains the .dm file and a folder of sprites to use with it. I found Megaupload surprisingly user-friendly actually but I imagine any upload site will do
Check post #62, I provided a download link

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
Uganbum! Totally loved Depraved Destroyers. And their boss Depraved Lords that thugged up surprisingly well. And my flying fire nature/air blood mages. And my abundance of cheap blood hunters who died instantly every time I plugged them into a communion...
The magic power on your Depraved troops worked out well with your neighbors all having high magic scales

KoboldLord

Validated User
Just to let everybody know, Dominions 5 is 40% off until July 9. If anybody is watching considering whether they want to get in on this, or if anybody already playing wants to try to get somebody new into the game, I've never seen it cheaper than this on Steam. $23.99 for my region, from a base price of $39.99.

Top Bottom