• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Don't Rest Your Head . . .

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
iago said:
Thanks for starting this thread. :)
My pleasure. I had a lot of fun reading the setting (I especially like the Bizarre Bazaar and the discussion on intangible goods that can be purchased -- just one sentence on intangible goods gave me an adventure idea) and hope to get time to read the entire thing later this week.

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The_Sarge said:
Thank Phil for this. His description made me curious and your site sold me.
If my couple of sentences of rambling sold you on the game then I think you're gonna be really happy with your purchase (the actual text is a lot better than what I posted).

Last edited:

Balbinus

Repairer of Reputations
philreed said:
If my couple of sentences of rambling sold you on the game then I think you're gonna be really happy with your purchase (the actual text is a lot better than what I posted).
Sold me too, I just bought it as well.

Skiorht

Despair Shouter
Validated User
philreed said:
If my couple of sentences of rambling sold you on the game then I think you're gonna be really happy with your purchase since the actual text is a lot better than what I posted.
Very true. I just downloaded the pdf version, and I'm very impressed. I was planning to run Lacuna again at Ropecon this year, but I might have an alternative now... I'm just a bit worried about the number of dice needed.

laffingboy

Vuvuzela Philharmonic Fan
Validated User
iago said:
Soon, as in within the next couple months. Editing's been taking a while longer than anticipated, as has art, and seeing as it's going to clock in around 300-400 pages in 6x9 format, the typesetting isn't going to be cheap on time consumption either. But, the writing is all done, so it's really just a matter of going through the heavy lifting.
Great news! Thanks for the update.

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like the setting for the game so much that I'll stand behind suggesting that people rush out and buy a copy. Anyone that buys it based on this thread that doesn't like the setting can contact me and I'll give them a free copy of All Fall Down.

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
It was your "It's got the Dark City/Neverwhere vibe"-sentence, and the fact that you decided to post this here. And you're right, I DO like it very, very much. *happy*

I mean... For that game I would've shelled out 20$ for sure.

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The_Sarge said:
It was your "It's got the Dark City/Neverwhere vibe"-sentence, and the fact that you decided to post this here.
I really need to find the Dark City soundtrack one of these days and mix it in with my other horror gaming selection.

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying it. I think anyone that likes the idea of a game that mixes Dark City and Neverwhere is going to have fun reading through the setting section.

Paka

Or call me Judd
Validated User
Skiorht said:
Very true. I just downloaded the pdf version, and I'm very impressed. I was planning to run Lacuna again at Ropecon this year, but I might have an alternative now... I'm just a bit worried about the number of dice needed.
Funny, my group is doing one-shots for the summer and as it turned out a friend of mine ran DRYH and at the next game I ran Lacuna. I think they complimented each other well.

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
philreed said:
I really need to find the Dark City soundtrack one of these days and mix it in with my other horror gaming selection.

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying it. I think anyone that likes the idea of a game that mixes Dark City and Neverwhere is going to have fun reading through the setting section.

I immediately thought of this:

(Bigger version here)

And will incooperate this in the game. :) A match made in heaven.

Last edited:
Top Bottom