Don't Rest Your Head . . .

iago

www.evilhat.com
Validated User
Thanks!

Oh, and my friend, author of the Ennie-award winning Dread, was totally threatening to punch you in the gut at GenCon for "ripping off my questionnaire as character sheet" idea, but I guess he forgot. ;)
I think the Ennie left him too stunned to swing a fist. :)

coffeestain

Retired User
Alright, I've updated the conflict cheat sheet again to take into account most of Particle Man's wonderful corrections. It's available here.

Regards,
Daniel

iago

www.evilhat.com
Validated User
I got the chance to give Don't Rest Your Head to Robin Laws while at GenCon. Today, he's blessed me with this comment:

Don’t Rest Your Head, Fred ([info]drivingblind) Hicks, Evil Hat Productions. A dark contemporary RPG about people who have such bad insomnia that they develop super powers. Wins my “brilliant IP concept of the show” award, hands down.

Robin's definitely in my designer rock-star pantheon, so I gotta say, this is pretty fantastic.

You can read all of his "tribute pile" shout-outs at: http://robin-d-laws.livejournal.com/160717.html

thunderriftv

Retired User
Re: Don't Rest Your Head . . . System Question

How do you determine when you have defeated an enemy or an encounter? I noticed that the podcast playtest on the "Game Master Show" also had some confusion on this.

iago

www.evilhat.com
Validated User
Re: Don't Rest Your Head . . . System Question

How do you determine when you have defeated an enemy or an encounter? I noticed that the podcast playtest on the "Game Master Show" also had some confusion on this.
As a GM I usually require a certain number of "win" results before I let a big-deal opponent be fully defeated (often reducing the pain dice by a few dice with each win, depending on the magnitude of the win). But really, it can be as fast as a single roll.

kilikakun

Retired User
So I just ordered me copy as a Tradition I tend to run a one shot creepy-ish game during Halloween and for a while this game appealed to me. I cant wait to get it in the mail and I judging by my players it might turn into a campaign. I mused about the idea and I even got a friend interested who never played a role playing game before just because the concept of Insomniacs who gain super powers and fight nightmares is just bad ass.

Top Bottom