Doom Patrol Season 1 Discussion Thread

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Caught a moment of Old Doom Patrol vs Nobody on YT (mostly to check who was on the old Doom Patrol sicne I'm wating for it drop on Netflix as a non-USian)... and man that kind of madness is pretty much what i wanted fro Umbrella Academy.

I really can't wait to watch it.

Marcantony

Validated User
FFS, if I want to watch this sort of touch feely drama Ill watch Bold and the Beautiful.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
and finally, in about ten hours I can finally try to get caught up as DP's first two eps air up here on Canada's Space Channel

Kreuzritter

Validated User
And a heads up, I don't know much about how they've foreshadowed it, but the next episode "The Jane Patrol" is, even for this show, going to go to some DARK places depending on how faithfully they adapt that storyarc

Yeoman

Validated User
Caught a moment of Old Doom Patrol vs Nobody on YT (mostly to check who was on the old Doom Patrol sicne I'm wating for it drop on Netflix as a non-USian)... and man that kind of madness is pretty much what i wanted fro Umbrella Academy.

I really can't wait to watch it.
It’s weird, Legion is the Doom Patrol series I wanted, and doom patrol is the Umbrella Academy series I wanted.

zwilnik

Validated User
Well, based on the Doom Patrol episodes of Titans being the best bit, I had some hope. Not much, but some.
I've finally caught up, and god damned if I'm not impressed. This has got to be the best cast going in supers shows, and it, like Legion isn't a supers show. It's a freak show, drag review, total mind fuck, and that's what I signed up for with Doom Patrol. I really liked the mid? late? '80s Doom Patrol reboot. It likely isn't so good if revisited, but I liked the screwed up soap opera with bizarre characters and powers. Okay, it's not so much bizarre powers, as screw up your life utterly and forever powers. And now it's on TV, even weirder, and done with intent and seriousness. (Aside from being one giant gag on supers) And craft. Nobody's phoning it in, we've got serious talent addressing this show seriously.

Don't get me wrong. The Trials and Tribulations of Peter Parker are great fun and I love 'em (often). I'm perfectly fine with the stories Legion and Doom Patrol are riffing on. I just really appreciate a well done surreal or dada or absurdest take on these stories too.

Gotta go get caught up on Legion. Too damned spoiled. Hard to keep up! The curse of living in entertaining times.

ruckusmanager

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have to admit that I've never been a big Danny the Street fan, but that was another decent episode. My favorite moment: And then the person takes off the welding mask and it's actually Jennifer Beals! Who?

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Catching up on this, finally getting to the Danny the Street episode which I have been looking forward to.

And then they use cringey romcom as Plot B. I hate cringe comedy. Getting through this episode is going to be a struggle.

Top Bottom