• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Double Poll - what version of D&D do you like best and when did you start playing D&D

select TWO things - what version you like and when you started playing

• Total voters

Matthew

SquareMans
Validated User
Re: Double Poll - what version of D&D do you like best and when did you start playing

I don't know what favorite means in this context. If I could pick any game to go back to, it would be an AD&D Greyhawk game. The edition I had the most fun with, probably a tie between 1st and 2nd. The game I'm most interested in running now; 4e.

Kiero

Retiring User
Validated User
Re: Double Poll - what version of D&D do you like best and when did you start playing

Started in 1991, and the only edition I'd play is 4E.

Played Red Box, RC D&D and AD&D2e in the past, wouldn't touch any of them with a barge pole now. I'm even less enamoured with 3.x than any of those.

LordofKhyber

Validated User

Started in 1993, 4E without essentials is my favourite, but if I have to include Essentials with 4E than Pathfinder gets my vote. Essentials ruined 4E for me.

Doctor Futurity

Camazotz the Death Bat
Validated User

I find it interesting that the top two responses are "Started in 81-85" and "4th edition".

I must ponder.
Wow...good point. Interesting food for thought.

Arevashti

Aspiring World-Builder
Validated User

First D&D game I ever played was AD&D. I wasn't all that impressed—at least, not with the "crunch" of it.

Later, I picked up 3e. I liked it better.

Nowadays, it's Pathfinder. I really can't get into either most of the other retro-clone games or 4e. (Additionally, Pathfinder is still OGL, which is a bonus as far as my project is concerned.)

Yellow Signatory

Formerly 'Lord Stilt-Man'
Validated User

I started around 92 & 4e is my favourite even though I've played more 2e & 3.5.

Daztur

Seoulite
Validated User

Wow...good point. Interesting food for thought.
I think that the people who started the game with 3ed are still very attached to it, while the people who came in earlier don't have the same connection with 3ed and were more often swayed by 4ed, if they hadn't just kept away from WoTC-D&D altogether.

mediapig

Validated User

Which option would I choose for Castles & Crusades?

Will

Banned

I think that the people who started the game with 3ed are still very attached to it, while the people who came in earlier don't have the same connection with 3ed and were more often swayed by 4ed, if they hadn't just kept away from WoTC-D&D altogether.
Well, I started in the late 70s with BD&D and the only versions I like at all are 3.5e or Pathfinder.

I don't like the earlier versions, and actively dislike 4e.

Top Bottom