• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Draft] Marvel - The New Multiverse

MindCrush

Glorious Draft Glutton
Validated User
Time for something a little different in these here parts. This draft won't be set in a shared world but instead a shared multiverse. Each drafter will receive their very own version of Earth (no refunds), which they can feel free to name or number however they so choose. Once we have all of the drafters I'll randomise the order and everyone will take turns drafting characters, team names, locations etc; whatever it is that they what to build up their world away from what it is. These picks will be in rounds and (as suggested by BAMF!) will see each drafter select one element and then an associated element. So, if you draft Captain America then you can also grab Bucky or Red Skull as part of the deal. Obviously, real world things cannot be grabbed in this way so you couldn't take World War II. It exists already and it exists on everyone's Earth (unless they should decide they are running a very alternate version of Earth of course).

The draft will be run as is customary in a snaking fashion. For those who don't know what that means, once each round finishes the draft order reverses and that draft gets another pick. So for example is drafters A, B, C and D are taking part then the order would be ABCDDCBAABCD and so forth in this manner.

I think that largely covers the rules and regs but if anyone has any questions then by all means post them here and myself or one of the other girzzled veterans of the drafting scene will be happy to answer.

Aside from myself BAMF!, Daz and Cap have all shown interest and will be saved spots (although they are of course under no obligation to take part). Looking for anywhere around 10-20 drafts so come one, come all, new and old and lets get this show on the road!

EDIT - As an aside, I will make all final decisions on what determines "associated" for picks. So yes, they may have had one team up in a never again mentioned issue 30 years ago but it doesn't count. "Associated" means part of their core mythos. As this is RPG.NET we'll roleplay. I'll take the role of Doctor Doom and you will all play Latverian peasants. My word is law! MWAHAHAHAHA!

MindCrush

Last edited:

BAMF!

Smells Like Brimstone
Aside from myself BAMF!, Daz and Cap have all shown interest and will be saved spots (although they are of course under no obligation to take part). Looking for anywhere around 10-20 drafts so come one, come all, new and old and lets get this show on the road!
I would still very much like to take part so count me in please.

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
My last two marvel drafts have been Hank Puns big science team and Agents of SWORD, going to have to think on this theme.

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, just for clarificatory* purposes, are we drafting "as is" characters (and such), or putting unique spins on them, or what? I mean, I'm down either way, I just want to be clear on the process.

* Google Chrome doesn't think this is a word but it totally is. Or should be.

MindCrush

Glorious Draft Glutton
Validated User
So, just for clarificatory* purposes, are we drafting "as is" characters (and such), or putting unique spins on them, or what? I mean, I'm down either way, I just want to be clear on the process.

* Google Chrome doesn't think this is a word but it totally is. Or should be.
I'll say "in the spirit of the character". So if you want teenage Spidey who is still in high school then fine but if you want Spider-Man as a bloodthirsty vampire mercenary then no. Basically you can draft the character from any point in their history or something very close to the character but tweak it a little to fit the universe (say you want Rogue but don't want mutants then that is fine, just explain her powers another way or just leave it a mystery). Doesn't that give you clarificatory or lead to more confusilation?

MindCrush

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So if, say, someone wanted to do Marvel CyberPunk Universe, and (say) Cyclops was a dude with a laser in his head (but still the head of a school-affiliated strike team with kind of a stick up his ass and a thing for psychic chicks)... cool or uncool?

Top Bottom