• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Dragon Quest Builders 2] More Minecraft, More Problems

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Funny thing? I forgot to beat the Dragonlord myself. 😅 I think I got discouraged the last time when I couldn't defeat his first form... turns out the most effective thing is to bring your cannons along.
I managed to completely cheese that fight with the car ; you're practically invulnerable while driving it, the clones go down in one hit and line up in front of you, and it kills the actual boss in about four hits.

Of course, that strategy goes completely out the window for the second boss form...

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Oh wow I didn't even think about using the Bashmobile.

Although it does get dropped in the second form fight, I was too busy to give it a shot there.

Hammel

Validated User
I'm really stoked for this. I like Minecraft, and I love Dragon Quest. What could go wrong?

Brontes

Validated User
Oh wow I didn't even think about using the Bashmobile.

Although it does get dropped in the second form fight, I was too busy to give it a shot there.
Oh, man, and there's no guarantee that Bashmobile gets dropped when you need it. When it finally dropped, I had already finished off both of the dragons that you have to beat before the final phase of the second DL fight.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
I've had to pry myself away from the videos... with more replaying of 1.

Back on chapter 3. As soon as I had access to cannon and the obsidian mountains of Galenholm, I set about turning Kol into an impenetrable fortress. Dug down to bedrock, walled the town border up to two blocks above sea level, dug a three block wide ditch around that, then borrowed the hot spring crystal to make a moat of boiling water. 😈 Not that the monsters can boil or drown, but it's the principle of the thing.

Once I reach the ruins of Galenholm I'll probably tear the whole thing down to make Kol look pretty, I can't remember if you get to build that timbered wall style in this chapter but I'm betting not.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Meanwhile, I've been playing around a bit in Terra Incognita. It's much more fun now that I've understood I don't actually need to build in the "demo square" (and it's actually better if I stay out of it), and that my "base" actually covers the whole starting island (which is cool for the "no food consumption" room bonuses).

So far, I have :
- Cleared out a nice little sea-level zone around the flag.
- Built my basic utility rooms (a cosy bedroom for me, an inn for villagers, a kitchen for free food), and both hot and cold baths (although it took a while to build the purifying fountain - cotton is just so rare I had to reset its island to gather enough !), as well as all of the building workbenches (but not in dedicated rooms yet).
- Laid down wagon tracks towards all four teleporters, so as to make travel towards them less time-wasting.
- Made the "ultimate" sword & hammer... only to discover that I still need consumable tools for various small purposes (Dawn sword against fire/ice sprites, penultimate hammers for some rare metals - the ultimate hammer just gives me un-mined blocks to bring back home - and bombs for one rare case). And of course I need to be careful about the ultimate armor/shield slowly breaking down too.
- Started building a large platform about 12 blocks up in the air, where I plan to actually build a lot of rooms.

I'm still not sure what I'll actually build, but at least now I'm in a decent position to start experimenting.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, that is indeed annoying. I've taken to make small down/upgrades to check what my rooms actually are (since at least those transition messages do spell it out). And the "room recipes" menu can help recap what their effects are. But I really hope DQB2 fixes this basic quality-of-life stuff.
(The "export square" areas are even worse, since their menu overrides the standard action menu, making it a pain to quickly swap things in and out from inventory.)

Top Bottom