I just finished playing through it. It feels shorter than the first game's, but there's a LOT more dialogue and characterization for everyone you meet. And it's of course a decent appetizer that helps familiarize with the new controls and concepts.And the English demo is out, earlier than initially advertised. The puns must flow!
 Some more thoughts after sleeping on it :
- The camera handles closed spaces much better. Yay !
- At least on Switch, the "tutorial/hint" boxes are way too small. Which is weird, given how all dialogue boxes & menus are appropriately-sized. It seems to be linked to them jumping to the top right corner of the screen for a bit, then disappearing so fast that I have no clue why they bothered.
- My muscle memory will need a bit to adjust to some of the interface changes (especially as some of them are customizable).
- The new Tool system will also need some getting used to, although the possibility of just picking blocks up to move them instead of needing breaking them down first is very welcome. (Also, yeah for non-eroding equipment !)
- Yay, sprinting !
- Yay, our fighting pal mimicking us and automatically collecting whatever we just did !
- Not wild about cooking now taking some time, but at least you can easily parallelize.
- Yay, sleeping now restoring health the more time you spend in bed ! (which means you don't need to skip to the next day)
- Wait, we're back to a "normal" XP system, with at least some gotten from beating bosses ? Uh...