• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Dragon Quest Builders 2] More Minecraft, More Problems

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, it's live !

I loaded my demo save to skip the boat prologue, and did some minor stuff (setting up my first room) before saving. Now I'm off to work, but I'll definitely come back to it tonight and over my next week of offline vacation.

(Got notifications for demo save bonus & DLC content, but with language about it only becoming available later, after I make some more progress.)

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm now several hours into the first island, and it seems the main focus is... Farming ! Which is as good a start as any, and I like how there's more depth to it. Especially with the whole village helping.

A word of warning : aside from the hub beginning island, we're back to bases of limited size elsewhere. (They do feel a bit bigger, though.)

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
I'm now several hours into the first island, and it seems the main focus is... Farming ! Which is as good a start as any, and I like how there's more depth to it. Especially with the whole village helping.

A word of warning : aside from the hub beginning island, we're back to bases of limited size elsewhere. (They do feel a bit bigger, though.)
The shape of the hills Furrowfield is built on, and the lack of the first game's obvious illuminated zone, can fool you into believing the build zone is smaller than it is. I estimate it at six times the horizontal area of 1, and much greater vertically.

Brontes

Validated User
Yeah, I failed to recognize that there's space behind the initial rooms they give you.

Spoiler: Show
I haven't bothered with my usual strategy of erecting a wall where the monsters are coming from (and a small wall on the sides) because I'm not sure if any of the building materials will stand up to a deadnaut attack (also they don't have cladding in this chapter, if at all, which makes it harder)

Also, you'll want to move your fields to the back of the base if you can, since they're typically target 1 for regular monster raids.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Yeah, I failed to recognize that there's space behind the initial rooms they give you.

I haven't bothered with my usual strategy of erecting a wall where the monsters are coming from (and a small wall on the sides) because I'm not sure if any of the building materials will stand up to a deadnaut attack (also they don't have cladding in this chapter, if at all, which makes it harder)

Also, you'll want to move your fields to the back of the base if you can, since they're typically target 1 for regular monster raids.
There is no cladding in this game. You'll get a tool much later on which allows you to mass replace bricks with other bricks, but even then you need the new bricks in your inventory.

Brontes

Validated User
I'll never fully get past how these game will drop something serious in tone only to immediately follow-up with a jaunty animation or musical score choice.

Brontes

Validated User
So I'm working my way through Chapter 2 (The place after Furroughfield) for all intents and purposes. Sblocked for mild story content.

So first of all, when you get infinite materials it applies to every island. I wish I knew that given wood's not scarce here but rarely grows on trees so to speak.

I'm a tad uncomfortable that a bunch of dudes are fawning over a woman who is young enough to be their daughter (Assuming most of the named villagers are about as old as the one nameless villager when you recruit him).

There's supposed to be an underground lake for gathering cotton but I didn't see it on my last jaunt and had to ready for bed immediately thereafter. Any help is appreciated.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
So I'm working my way through Chapter 2 (The place after Furroughfield) for all intents and purposes. Sblocked for mild story content.

So first of all, when you get infinite materials it applies to every island. I wish I knew that given wood's not scarce here but rarely grows on trees so to speak.

I'm a tad uncomfortable that a bunch of dudes are fawning over a woman who is young enough to be their daughter (Assuming most of the named villagers are about as old as the one nameless villager when you recruit him).

There's supposed to be an underground lake for gathering cotton but I didn't see it on my last jaunt and had to ready for bed immediately thereafter. Any help is appreciated.
I'm not sure it's possible for you to know you need cotton without having passed through the lake. It's the place with the wooden bridge where you had to plug a leak above the bridge? Everything was glowing blue?

There's not much cotton, so try not to make anything you don't need.

Top Bottom