• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Earth Defense Force 5

Monkey King

Your computer is literally haunted
Validated User
I like how, somehow, the dialogue is even worse this time than EDF 4. There's just enough competency in the script that you can tell when it's intentionally stilted. They're pronouncing Erginus wrong and I'm certain it's on purpose.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
I like how, somehow, the dialogue is even worse this time than EDF 4. There's just enough competency in the script that you can tell when it's intentionally stilted. They're pronouncing Erginus wrong and I'm certain it's on purpose.
Also, "They look just like us!"

Incidentally, I just found that you can choose which character model you want to use on the mission select screen. It's Y if you're using a controller, and then your Wing Diver can wear pants.
You get the worse jetpack, but pants.

Norrec

Validated User
Incidentally, I just found that you can choose which character model you want to use on the mission select screen. It's Y if you're using a controller, and then your Wing Diver can wear pants.
You get the worse jetpack, but pants.
Good to know! Not just for pants, but I wanted my bright orange jump-suit back for my Air Raider. The military model had a lot more armor and a lot less bright orange.

Norrec

Validated User
We beat Normal mode two weeks or so ago. The last few missions took a few tries but all in all we were impressed by the variety of missions and how it kept mixing up enemy types. Fresh off our victory we decided to skip Hard mode and go straight to Hardest. What could go wrong?

The first mission, not so bad. The ants shoot their acid 5x as far and move like someone hit fast forward but they were beatable. Mission 2 must've taken us a straight week to figure out. So many ants came and were so fast that the NPCs were swarmed and eaten instantly. When you're up against 50 ants and any single one of them can one-shot you... add to that they're faster than you and the AI LOVES to run behind you and point-blank acid you in the head - execution style. We managed to beat it using the Grape APC and a level 40 bombing run I got that has a HUGE explosion (must be 10x the size of the other bombing runs). We would drive away up this mountain and let the base be overrun. When nothing was left the ants would charge our hill. Cue bombing run!

Then we get to Mission 3. It's the same map. But this time teleportation pylons are present. We can't just sit on our mountain because then we aren't taking out the pylons. We used a similar plan but then had to relocate to the other side of the map in our APC (which controls like a Halo ground hog on ice covered in industrial grade lubricant).

It's been a ton of fun seeing how the missions have changed with the difficulty increase. New spawns. New enemies - green ants that look like someone hit fast forward on the fast forward. Gold ants that one shot you if even a single piece of acid makes contact. White spiders (we call them ticks for some reason because that's what we called them at first, the little spiders that jump) that tank bullets for 2 minutes before going down. We almost quit on a mission with a Sandstorm because it was "Impossible." But one or the other of us would come up with an idea and we'd be pulled back in. We actually broke it or something we just lived long enough and the mission ended without us having to kill the teleportation ships. Hurrah!

Now we're up against the giant egg-laying ants and their insta-death acid. We are making it work and then I hear my brother shout "We got another big one-... ITS GOLDEN!!!!"

Oh. And the game gave me the Barga as a vehicle for my Air Raider. The Barga is a 15 story tall rockem-sockem robot mech that is meant to fight kaiju. It punches frog-men in the face just as good! Though it's become useless since the ticks seem to kill it in about 5 seconds with their webs. But any game that gives me a mech suit that should've been a one-time use in a single mission as something I can summon every mission (and multiple of!) gets bonus points in my book.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
Man, I really need to get my ps4 fixed so I can play this game. I looove EDF 2025, and this sounds like more of the same.

Wing Diver 4 life, yo.

Monkey King

Validated User
What's really fun is facing the pillbugs on Hardest. They jump. Trying to retreat up a hill will not save you. Just put the meme version of Green Hill Zone on repeat and embrace your death.

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
Ah, but there's a trick to the pillbugs. They can't fit into/break down buildings.
You can use this, much like how you can use the fact that they have eyes, against them.

Monkey King

Validated User
That's a great strategy, except when there's not buildings around. Like the map where you're supposed to be holding the bridge against them, or any city block 2 minutes after the EDF have visited. :p

Top Bottom