Eberron is on the DMs Guild!/ [5E] Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron (merged)

Eel

Validated User
Re: Eberron is on the DMs Guild!

My personal hope is that the big announcement later today is that he's already been working on it and that there'll be a big, pretty book out soon and that the DMs Guild thing is a push to support it. I'm not picky though, and I'll gladly support Eberron, especially in the hands of Keith Baker, in any way I can.

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User

My personal hope is that the big announcement later today is that he's already been working on it and that there'll be a big, pretty book out soon and that the DMs Guild thing is a push to support it. I'm not picky though, and I'll gladly support Eberron, especially in the hands of Keith Baker, in any way I can.
That would be my guess. Thus far, all setting were added to the DMG in the wake of a specific product.

Danger Mouse

Social Justice Mouse
Validated User

A good start, and I like representing Dragonmarks as alternative racial traits.

A pity that it doesn't have rules for Artificers, though.
I'm a bit annoyed that, based on this article, it sounds like they're asking for money for what's basically playtest material, but I do need content for my current Sharn campaign, and it's by Keith Baker, so I'm probably going to pick it up regardless.

Last edited:

Keefe the Thief

Guuhhn Fingas
Validated User

I'm really glad that they are doing it this way. Let Keith Baker show what he can do. He should have been allowed to sell all those articles he posted online about Eberron. Guy would have made a mint.

I don't need a big setting book on Eberron. Already have that. I need the rules and Hellcows constant rambling.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User

This is very cool. I hope they add other older settings to DMGuild little by little (with or without guide, I think their respective communities will be able to fill and update material perfectly fine).

Malckuss

Game Design Hobbyist
Validated User
[5E] Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron

First, Link.

This seems to be the first real campaign guide WotC has done for 5e, and it looks to be following the "early release" model of games like Band of Blades and Scum & Villiany: a living document meant to develo and grow based on feedback.

I like that idea, but not certain it's (currently) worth the $19.99 price sight unseen.

Thoughts? Anyone know anything more or have purchased it?

Top Bottom