• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Eclipse Phase 2ed] So, what's the current situation?

Aysez

Quietly Mad
Validated User
I remember the original run of EP and how it was creative commons, and even more astonishing was that the people making it were seeding bittorrent, which still astounds me.

That being said, I've seen EP Second edition is out, at least in PDF form. Anybody know if the company is going the same route, and giving the option of download so you can decide if you want to buy it (...or not.) I've been looking around, and have had no luck so far as to what's going on. Can anybody clue me in, please?

Starkiller77

Validated User
Iirc the free version of any Eclipse Phase title comes out some time later than the paid one. Anyway this new edition is awesome.

Black Flag

Dweller on the Threshold
Validated User
The Eclipse Phase 2nd Edition pdf contains a Creative Commons license statement. Like the first edition, it’s free to share etc. That means anyone who has it can upload it right now if they want. Posthuman may eventually host/seed the file themselves but maybe not right away.

And yeah, it’s a great book. I might even get a hard copy as well, since it’s a beautiful product and I like throwing money at these creators who don’t even require that I pay them. Funny how that works, eh?

Cirlot

Validated User
Is there a known date for the hard copy release? I missed the kickstarter due to a job change and have been pleasantly surprised by what I've seen thus far for the 2nd edition . . .

Adam

Posthuman
Validated User
Here's our post gencon FAQ about release dates, pre-orders, our upcoming online pop-up store, etc: https://eclipsephase.com/post-gen-con-faq — it's a living document, so I'll keep updating it as things happen.

Eclipse Phase Second Edition is Creative Commons-licensed. You don't need to wait for us to do anything; it's shareable right from the start!

Aysez

Quietly Mad
Validated User
Well, thank you all very much. I'll be downloading it when I see it, but I'll also buy the frigging thing. Because it's how I roll, I suppose? (And if you get any enjoyment or use out of a product, the creative people should be rewarded (or rewarded further depending on how their pay-structure is set-up.)

Last edited:

ogasnor

Sdrawkcab delleps eman ym
Validated User
Ooooh, 1st Ed's CC license was what lead me to actually buy both a PDF copy (yes, I already had it, but I bought it anyway) AND a physical copy.

Top Bottom