• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

[Eclipse Phase] Identity Crisis

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Identity Crisis

Meet Anders Sørenson:

Anders Sørensen has changed a lot since The Fall. It’s not just the fact that he died, either, though the circumstances – being trampled to death in a riot outside a European farcasting station, killed by the mass of people he was trying to help – would’ve definitely taken its toll. And it was not just waking up three years later, on a Planetary Consortium hab orbiting Luna, and hearing that all he strove to protect, to fight for, had been destroyed. It wasn't even knowing that his family – his parents, his wife, and everyone else he'd known – were all presumed dead, never having made it off earth themselves. That they were never coming back.

No, it was before that. Before he woke up.

Three years after the exodus from earth, a Direct Action executive had gotten hold of old EU military personnel files lost in the wake of the Fall. He had been searching for appropriate new recruits to wake from cold storage and fill out the Hypercorp's ranks, when he came across Sørensen’s file. “Intelligent,” it read. “A man possessed of strong convictions, impressive creativity and a drive to always see things through." "A leader.” The file also showed an unfortunate propensity to lean to the Left politically, and the potential to let personal convictions get in the way of following orders - not that it ever happened, but it was a potentiality. But recent breakthroughs in psychosurgery, the executive believed, could take care of those little foibles.

So Anders Sørensen woke up a changed man. Whereas the old – the original? – Anders was an individual, with a solitary nature, a firm moral core and an artistic streak, the new Anders - or "Soren", as he was often called now - found fulfilment working as part of a team, was much more willing to take and follow orders, and believed passionately in the vital role of hypercorps in maintaining a safe and productive society. He was now, according to his new employers, the perfect soldier.

He never knew what he had gotten himself into; indeed, by then, he didn't even know he'd been changed at all.

He spent the next six years working off his re-sleeving. When he wasn't working security, or leading "peacekeeping missions" for Direct Action's clients, he spent most of his time crafting VR simulspaces of breathtaking (mostly-)natural geography. He even gained some fame for his rendition of the pre-Fall Scandinavian coastline, and the Copenhagen of his youth.

It was in one of these simulspaces that he first came into contact with Firewall. Or more correctly, Firewall made contact with him.

A stranger hacked into his latest creation, *as* he was working on it, and uploaded life-logged XP footage of a violent confrontation between Direct Action and a number of Barsoomian protesters. In the playback, a soldier refused the order to massacre the entire crowd, and was shot and killed by his own commanding officer. The ID tagging information, verified by his Muse's kinesics software and hacked mission logs, said that it was *him*.

Then another XP recording started up - a boarding mission on some kind of scum barge. The soldiers - one of which was, apparently, him again - proceeded to infiltrate the ship, assassinate an individual, and pop and crush his stack. This time, Anders didn't even need his Muse to verify - he recognised his own laugh as he joked about "killing someone for real."

And then one last file started playing, this time obviously taken from a Speck or other hidden recording device, showing two DirAct executives going over an employee database. They referenced dozens of missions that Anders had no recollection of, and which were inaccessible on any database he had access to. More worrying, however, was the discussion of psychosurgical procedures that he had never consented to, procedures to hone his skills and to encourage his compliance. They discussed potential side-effects - diminished leadership and strategic capacity, neural damage, even psychological disorders - but they dismissed them as "acceptable risks", probably even reversible with additional psychosurgery. The recording ended as they moved on to discussing where to have after-work drinks.
That - the revelation that his employers had been abusing his mind to craft a better soldier - was the "in" that Firewall used to turn Anders against the Planetary Consortium. They promised him the truth about what Direct Action had done to him - and have him do - if he would help them to infiltrate a covert operation the Hypercorp was running. To be an "inside man". He took them up on their offer, and joined the conspiracy.

He still doesn't know exactly what he's gotten himself into, this time.

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welcome, dear readers, I'm Deadite, and I'm the GM for Identity Crisis.

If you've looked through RPG.net's Actual Play forum before, you may have seen my previous AP threads, Convergence and Right Here Right Now for Changeling: the Lost and Invisible Spies and Curious Thorns for Hunter: the Vigil.

NateD is the player for Anders (or 'Soren' as he is now known), and this is our first go dipping our toes into the vast water that is Eclipse Phase.

The primary theme for this campaign is exploration of identity - How important is who you are when that's all you have? When who you are can be so easily changed or removed? When vast chunks of your life can be gone in an instant, or when what you remember with crystal clarity about events is completely fictitious and has been given to you by others who may or may not have good intentions and your interests at heart.

I didn't tell NateD any of that, and still he gave me the perfect candidate to throw into the deep end of this game.

Eclipse Phase is a huge game, with so much detail and a lot of intricate rules to model the detail as best they can. (Note that I didn't say complicated. The rules are generally simple enough, there are just a lot of bits and pieces to remember and reference.) As neither of us has played EP before, we may make some incorrect assumptions or apply things in ways they were not intended but the story is more important (to us) than making sure every rule is correctly applied.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I'll introduce another important character in the next post then get to work posting our first session.

We hope you enjoy the experience. :D

Last edited:

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
BLUE - Soren's Muse

BLUE began as a standard-issue Direct Action Muse program, produced with a focus on providing a link between employee and company. Her voice was specifically modulated to induce calmness, with behavioural routines combining cool professionalism with a hint of intimacy (and maybe even flirtiness?) It is the perfect aural blend, proven to encourage male employees to react favourably to her suggestions, and to feel tough and protective of her.

She has, however been heavily customised by Soren over the years, within the employee guidelines set by DirAct. Visually, she appears as a naked and sexless human, with sparkling electric-blue skin that seems to glow from the inside. He has spent many hours tweaking the visuals, and is currently working on the textures on her hair. It's a labour of love.

He is also in the process of stripping out all Direct Action safeguards in her code. Firewall have graciously provided him with dozens of exploits they've detected, but he is so far unwilling to give another shadowy group access to her. After all, this program - designed and created by the faceless corporation that has been abusing his mind for years - is his closest friend.

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

Re-Instantiated Hypercorp
Morph: Fury (female)
Gender Identity: Male (but comfortable with anything, these days)
Actual Age: 34 (technically - originally died at 24, re-instantiated 3 years later, and then lived 7 more years)
Moxie Points: 3
Motivations: +Personal Development +Justice +Security (used to be +Loyalty +Law and Order +Security)

Aptitudes (base)
COG: 20 COO: 15 INT: 20 REF: 15 SAV: 10 SOM: 15 WIL: 15

Active Skills
Beam Weapons (COO) 40
Blades (SOM) 40
Fray (REF) 60
Free Fall (REF) 55
Freerunning (SOM) 55
Hardware: Armorer (COG) 45
Hardware: Robotics (COG) 30
Infiltration (COO) 45
Infosec (COG) 40
Interfacing (COG) 35
Kinesics (SAV) 55
Kinetic Weapons (COO) 75
Medicine: Paramedic (COG) 40
Networking: Hypercorp (SAV) 45
Networking: Firewall (SAV) 30
Perception (INT) 65
Pilot: Groundcraft (REF) 50
Programming (COG) 60
Protocol (SAV) 40
Research (COG) 30
Seeker Weapons (COO) 45
Unarmed Combat (SOM) 65

Knowledge Skills
Art: Simulspace Design (INT) 55
Interests: Hypercorps (COG) 40
Interests: Inner-System Politics (COG) 45
Interests: Music (Classical Electronica) (COG) 60
Interests: Pre-Fall Culture (COG) 45
Language: Danish (Native) (INT) 90
Language: English (INT) 60
Language: Mandarin (INT) 45
Language: Arabic (INT) 35
Profession: Security Ops (COG) 55
Profession: Military Ops (COG) 70

Ego Traits
Brave
Adaptability
Edited Memories
Mental Disorder: PTSD
Modified Behaviour: boosted willingness to follow orders
Modified Behaviour: boosted "identification" tendencies

Aptitudes (including Morph)
COG: 20 COO: 20 INT: 25 REF: 20 SAV: 10 SOM: 25 WIL: 20

Morph Implants
Basic Biomods
Basic Mesh Inserts
Bioweave Armor (Light)
Cortical Stack
Enhanced Vision
Neurachem (Level 1)
Toxin Filters
Endocrine Control
Anti-Glare
Electrical Sense
T-Ray Emitter
Mnemonic Augmentation
Medichines
Skinlink
Skin Pocket
Eelware
Cyberclaws

Gear
Covert Operations Tool
Tactical Network Software
Facial/Image Recognition Software
Guardian Angel
Speck
Cuffband
Smart Vac Clothing
Body Armour (Light)
Electronic Rope
Repair Spray

Kinetic Light Pistol w/ Smartlink
- Smartlink, Smart Magazine, Extended Magazine

Kinetic SMG

100 rounds Homing Hollow-point ammo
100 rounds Homing Jammer ammo
100 rounds Homing Zap ammo

Credits: 850

Rep
c-Rep: 40
i-Rep: 10

INT 20

Academics: Psychology 60
Hardware: Electronics 30
Infosec 30
Interface 40
Interests: Classical Electronica 40
Interests: Inner System Current Events 40
Profession: Accounting 60
Profession: Military Strategy and Logistics 40
Programming 20
Psychosurgery 40
Research 30
Perception 30

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Session 1.0

The battered Fury morph of Anders Sorenson, you, is lying comfortably on the backup couch, exhausted. Your mind calls out for the sleep you have missed for the better part of two days. The minor injuries you sustained blasting the last security bots at the 'Sweet Dreams' psychosurgery facility are niggling at the edges of your mind but none of them are dangerous or life threatening.

Lauren, your first contact with Firewall and the woman who dragged you into the spider's web had been pleased with your efforts, smiling at you as she downloaded the last of the isolated information on what this lab had been doing to your Ego at the behest of your employers, Direct Action.

You had been dubious at first when Lauren, a sometimes contact in the usual freelance muscle circles, told you that she knew what DA had done and that she knew you had been contacted by Firewall. She was there to help you take the first step to reclaiming your life and what you had lost.

The facility had been wiped, the data downloaded and erased and the offices gutted. Lauren assured you that nothing would be coming back to incriminate you and that DA would never know you had helped. Yours was not the only experimental ego fork held captive on these systems, and DA had enough corporate enemies who pretended to be allies to keep them looking elsewhere for now.

But Lauren and Firewall wanted to be sure. The Proxy you had dealt with, a Firewall higher up AGI that called itself Raphael, had insisted that Lauren bring you back to a secure Firewall backup facility just in case. She had arranged transport and within twelve hours you were at a lab somewhere in Valles-New Shanghai.

So now you were settled back in the backup couch, trying to relax as the nanomachines did their work. The techs were playing a mountain hiking VR for your comfort, but the details were lacking and at some point you succumbed to the fatigue and drifted off.

[BLUE: You should wake up now, Soren.]

Soren wakes up as he always does: with a snap. Shift work teaches you to take sleep when you can get it, and to snap back to reality when you have to. He is greeted by that familiar rush of information glut - backlogged biot readout notifications, rep pings, local AR notifications - and the familiar voice of his Muse.

Soren is greeted by a sight from nightmares as a bulbous grey-green-brown head hovers above him with yellow slitted-pupil eyes staring down. Suckered tentacles are waving back and forward at the edge of Soren's vision field, doing unknown actions.

Soren closes his eyes again. "I'm here, I'm good," he says. "How long was I out for?"

[BLUE: Time is 0928 hours local. Date is 25 May 11AF. You are currently in a mesh-isolated zone. You appear to have been out for a little over two years.]

"Hmm?" says the octomorph in its raspy, whispering voice. "This backup is a little over two years out of date, I am afraid. Oh, my apologies if that is a shock. I was concentrating on reading your vitals and forgot myself."

Soren slowly opens his eyes, and flinches. A red icon appears in his field of vision -- elevated adrenaline levels will automatically initiate neurachem injections in 3 seconds -- and then his sleep-addled brain starts to fully turn over.

In addition to the octomorph, there is one other person in the room in a male human morph. Soren does not recognise him.

Outward, Soren is silent, stoic, for a few long seconds. Inside, he is quickly going back over the sudden onslaught of information, taking it all in. He disables the neurachem with 0.23 seconds to spare. When he speaks, it is to Blue and the octomorph.

"Two... years?" He subtly glances at the stranger in the room, already gathering enough presence of mind to -not- show any reaction.

[BLUE: From the information available, that is correct.]

The human morph steps towards the cold metal table that you are lying on. Table? Wasn't I on a couch? thinks Soren.

Silently acknowledging Blue's response, he nevertheless looks expectantly at the approaching stranger. He studiously avoids letting any emotion into his facial expressions, but a pang of concern grabs at his gut.

"Yes, Mr Sorenson," says the stranger, "Two years. In fact we are very lucky that we even still had this backup of you. My name is Ellery Burke, I am a Proxy with Firewall. This is Dr. Caerulean, a Sentinel with the organisation."

[Blue, please monitor endocrine levels. I want a level head, here. And what else can you tell me, at all?]

[BLUE: I am currently engaged in searching the limits of the mesh isolate. This is definitely not the same facility where the backup was taken. Gravity is Mars standard, so I would posit that you are still on Mars. Mr Burke's spoken English betrays definite Valles-New Shanghai inflections. I do not have enough familiarity with octomorph speech patterns to comment on Dr Caerulean's inflections.]

[BLUE: Vital readouts and enhancement audit suggest that you are in the same morph you were backed up in. Or a very close facsimile.]

[BLUE: Your stress levels have increased but are currently within expected levels.]

[No they're not] he demands. [Shut 'em down, Blue.]

[BLUE: Dampening responses...]

"Wait." He says a little harshly. "Wait. Loss...?" Again, he is silent on the outside, churning on the inside. He breathes in deeply; holds for a moment; breathes out. "So I've had a loss. What happened to a more recent backup, Mr. Burke?" he asks in a businesslike voice.

Soren sits up, slowly. A moment ago, it would have been quick, full of adrenaline and misdirected nerves. But now it is slow, reasoned. Reasonable.

Burke glances at Dr Caerulean, who shrugs or at least appears to offer an octopoid equivalent.

"To be blunt, Mr Sorenson, we don't know. But we want you to find out," Burke says. "You were on a task for Firewall. I must admit that I am not sure exactly what the task was, it was a self-generated investigation you informed us that you had stumbled onto during the course of your Direct Action employment."

"Well, what do you have for me. Two years is a long fucking time to miss out on. Was that what I've been doing in this time? Still with DirAct?"

[BLUE: Be careful, Soren. Although you cannot feel it due to the morph similarities, the resleeving connections are still fresh and not fully seated.]

[OK, Blue.]

Burke’s expression shows concern. "I agree and understand your confusion and anger. I am familiar with your profile and know that you agreed to work with us to put a stop to such ego tampering. I can tell you that over the last two years we have been making excellent progress at restoring some of what you had lost and maintaining a continual stream of consciousness for you."

"And it's all -LOST- now?" Another few icons appear - neurachem alert, minor, and another raise in endocrine levels, automatically adjusted. Soren calms slightly. "OK, OK. Thank you, Mr. Burke.

[Please monitor. And do I have access to i-Net?]

[BLUE: No access at this time. I have managed to access the medical equipment in the room. As predicted, you appear to be in a Fury morph with the same features as your last one. It is in excellent physical health. According to user login register, both Dr Caerulean and Mr Burke are who they say they are.]

Burke looks like he is facing an internal argument. “We are in a bit of a quandary," he says apologetically. "While we would certainly like to tell you all that we told you before, you must understand that ‘you’ now are not the Firewall Sentinel that you were before you disappeared. As such, while we want to trust you as we did, we must be cautious as your choices are your own. In other words, the Anders Sorenson I am speaking with now may be very angry at Firewall for this interruption and may make choices that lead him to be very different from the Anders Sorenson I have known recently. Sorry."

He's quiet for a moment. Internally, he is again monitoring his biot feed, waiting to respond. “...I understand. What -can- you tell me, then? Where do we go now, hm?"

[As soon as we can, Blue, I want you to verify whether I -have- met Burke before. Let me know.]

[BLUE: Understood.]

"You were conducting your own investigation. You had proven time and again that your judgement could be trusted and we knew that you would provide full reports when you had finished. We had no reason to be overly concerned. If you needed support you would let us know." - Burke

"And you have no idea what I got myself into, then? How I was killed?" Though he takes pains to make sure that it doesn't come across insulting, he watches Burke closely for any sign of discomfort. Or deception.

GM: << Roll Kinesics. Easy, so +30 >>
Soren: << 69 vs 85 target >>
GM: << Burke does not appear to be lying or trying to deceive. He is being very careful with exactly what he says, though. >>

"After several days went by we began to wonder what had occurred. We were unable to contact you. A security sweep of our system set off alarms as we discovered that your most recent backup had been erased. After you had started your mission." - Burke.

"Where was it? Who could -do- that?" - Soren

"We don't know. It would have been difficult, though obviously not impossible." - Burke

"And this is the most recent backup...?" It is unmistakably framed as question. - Soren

Burke shakes his head and smiles ruefully. "No, this is most definitely not your most recent backup. We were in fact surprised to find it. We kept this one, with your permission, as a baseline that our psychosurgeons and therapists could study and fork from so we could learn more about what DirAct had done to you and then try to undo it."

"Then why was -it- woken up?" - Soren

Burke holds up his hand, begging patience. "Over time, as we, or generally, you, recovered more of your past, it was integrated carefully in forks first to check what effect the memories would have on your ego. Most patches were successful and reintegrated, after which a newer backup was taken as the baseline. Honestly, we thought this one had been deleted."

"To answer your quite valid question, though, this backup, the original you made with Firewall, is all we have left. Every single one of your other backups, forks, and test egos were wiped. We checked them all. It was sheer luck that Dr Caerulean found this backup in isolated hard storage, away from any mesh or other network access."

"Shit." Anders is astounded; struck silent. Who could -do- that? Who could track down and wipe each and every one his ego backups. And why? What could even the earliest ones know that someone wanted un-known? Or maybe that wasn't it.

On that note, he suddenly realises something, and desperately pings Blue. [What about my designs, my simulspace art? Tell me I wouldn't have lost 2 YEARS of that!]

[BLUE: Without mesh access, I cannot ascertain.] Knowing her like you do, your muse sounds testy at the repeated queries that she cannot answer.

[Sorry, Blue. I don't mean to push.]

[BLUE: I have logged your request and will provide a response to your query when I have regained mesh access.]

The octomorph gives you a lazy salute with one limb. "Lucky for you, I'm predisposed to clutter and need to be reminded to clean my office regularly."

Soren smiles at Dr Caerulean, unhappily.

"Direct Action? Do they know I've been batting for the other side?" - Soren

Burke looks uncomfortable. "None of our DirAct agents, or anyone situated to provide information on them, have reported anything that suggested they knew anything about your dual affiliations. You have been careful and we have been diligent in keeping our use of your talents generally away from your parent organisation."

"So do you have anything for me to go on? Or do I just go back to work and pretend I haven't been gone for the last two years? I can't just pick up an investigation I've never been on!" - Soren

"We are not that bad, Mr Sorenson. We have some leads. In fact, other agents have identified an ally who you discussed some aspects of the mission with before you left, and we have worked out the destination you were heading for." - Burke

"Thank you." Soren makes to stand up, testing out his new morph. Flexing a few muscles, initiating a few more diagnostic tests. "So who is this contact?"

"The contact is a good friend of yours, in fact." Burke's smile drops a little. "Actually, she is a good friend you haven't met yet, I believe. Dr Eliza Alvarez. And the location was a Mars Cycler ship called Ishimura."

"Liza? We've met. Not exactly 'good friends', though, according to -my- memory." He sighs. - Soren

"She has been made aware of the current situation." - Burke

"You will find that your corporate reputation is still stable. However, due to the current circumstances, we have decided to reduce your i-rep to the level that this ego enjoyed. It is much lower than that of the more recent you, but please think of this as a security precaution only." - Burke

"I understand, Mr. Burke. I'm not happy about it, but I understand." He looks over at Dr. Caerulean again. "Am I good to go, doctor?" - Soren

Dr Caerulean waves a limb in an affirmative manner. "Physically, I would recommend nothing too strenuous for at least a day to allow the neural connections to fully settle. Otherwise, you are suffering from some significant upload stress, but that is to be expected. "

Burke nods. "Excellent. Mr Sorenson, if you are ready, please allow me to escort you out of here and get you back into society."

<< END OF SESSION 1 >>

NateD

Existentially indifferent
Validated User
Suh-weeet! We're famous!

As Deadite says, I'm Soren's player, and am extreeemely pumped to be playing this. If anyone has any comments or questions, I'd be only too happy to talk your electronic ear off about it.

Also -- I've tweaked Soren's stats a little since what you've posted, if that's alright (that's the problem with storing stats on a Wiki, I guess: I can't keep away from them.) I've reduced something (no idea what, off-hand), so that I could give him some Flight, and I was going to tweak things a little more to give him Pilot: Aircraft, as well. No big deal, though.

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks Nate. I've pulled the following updated stats for Soren off the wiki.

Re-Instantiated Hypercorp
Morph: Fury (female)
Gender Identity: Male (but comfortable with anything, these days)
Actual Age: 34 (technically - originally died at 24, re-instantiated 3 years later, and then lived 7 more years)
Moxie Points: 3
Motivations: +Personal Development +Justice +Security (used to be +Loyalty +Law and Order +Security)

Aptitudes (base)
COG: 20 COO: 15 INT: 20 REF: 15 SAV: 10 SOM: 15 WIL: 15

Active Skills
Beam Weapons (COO) 40
Blades (SOM) 40
Flight (SOM) 35
Fray (REF) 60
Free Fall (REF) 55
Freerunning (SOM) 55
Hardware: Armorer (COG) 45
Hardware: Robotics (COG) 30
Infiltration (COO) 45
Infosec (COG) 40
Interfacing (COG) 35
Kinesics (SAV) 55
Kinetic Weapons (COO) 75
Medicine: Paramedic (COG) 40
Networking: Hypercorp (SAV) 45
Networking: Firewall (SAV) 30
Perception (INT) 65
Pilot: Groundcraft (REF) 50
Programming (COG) 60
Protocol (SAV) 40
Research (COG) 30
Seeker Weapons (COO) 35
Unarmed Combat (SOM) 65

Knowledge Skills
Art: Simulspace Design (INT) 55
Interests: Hypercorps (COG) 40
Interests: Inner-System Politics (COG) 45
Interests: Music (Classical Electronica) (COG) 60
Interests: Pre-Fall Culture (COG) 45
Language: Danish (Native) (INT) 90
Language: English (INT) 60
Language: Mandarin (INT) 45
Language: Arabic (INT) 35
Profession: Security Ops (COG) 55
Profession: Military Ops (COG) 70

Ego Traits
Brave
Adaptability
Edited Memories
Mental Disorder: PTSD
Modified Behaviour: boosted willingness to follow orders
Modified Behaviour: boosted "identification" tendencies

Aptitudes (including Morph)
COG: 20 COO: 20 INT: 25 REF: 20 SAV: 10 SOM: 25 WIL: 20

Morph Implants
Basic Biomods
Basic Mesh Inserts
Bioweave Armor (Light)
Cortical Stack
Enhanced Vision
Neurachem (Level 1)
Toxin Filters
Endocrine Control
Anti-Glare
Electrical Sense
T-Ray Emitter
Mnemonic Augmentation
Medichines
Skinlink
Skin Pocket
Eelware
Cyberclaws

Gear
Covert Operations Tool
Tactical Network Software
Facial/Image Recognition Software
Guardian Angel
Speck
Cuffband
Smart Vac Clothing
Body Armour (Light)
Electronic Rope
Repair Spray

Kinetic Light Pistol w/ Smartlink

Kinetic SMG

100 rounds Homing Hollow-point ammo
100 rounds Homing Jammer ammo
100 rounds Homing Zap ammo

Credits: 850

Rep
c-Rep: 40
i-Rep: 10

INT 20

Academics: Psychology 60
Hardware: Electronics 30
Infosec 30
Interface 40
Interests: Classical Electronica 40
Interests: Inner System Current Events 40
Profession: Accounting 60
Profession: Military Strategy and Logistics 40
Programming 20
Psychosurgery 40
Research 30
Perception 30

Deadite

Writer of APs
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A quick note on game play and timings.

This game is played via text chat sessions which are planned for every two weeks. Sometimes we can do every week, sometimes real life may get in the way. Sessions are generally 2 - 3 hours.

Since it's chat, it's easy to turn the game sessions into AP logs. These form the posts marked Session X.0.

In between these, we fill the downtime with back and forward emails and PMs that move the story forward in a slower PbP-type format. These posts will be marked Session X.5.

Session 1.5 is almost ready for posting, and I'm waiting on NateD to connect for Session 2.0 as I type this.

EDIT: Even though I don't specify who posts what, it's usually easy to tell from the way Soren is referenced. GM posts refer to him as 'you' a lot, whereas NateD's posts often call him 'Soren'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom