• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Eclipse Phase] Location, location, location

killerjoel

Jump, demon dog!
Validated User
I've been devoting my recent pleasure-reading time to Eclipse Phase, and I really enjoy the setting. One of the best parts is reading about all the awesome habitats, satellites, and cities scattered around the system. Any one of them just begs to host an adventure if not an entire campaign.

I know there's quite a few of us taking a crack at this game nowadays, so I wanted to ask: Where in the system have you been running/playing your game? Why is it so cool? What about it really hooked the players?

I don't personally know anyone else who owns or has even read this game, so I'm really looking forward to hearing about the good times others are having with it. I'm not even finished reading it, and I can already see it has a ton of potential.

CodexofRome

Deposer
Validated User
I'm developing a campaign idea that will be set in the inner system, with the players being tech scavengers on earth, caught between powerful factions on Venus and the Moon.

killerjoel

Jump, demon dog!
Validated User
I'm developing a campaign idea that will be set in the inner system, with the players being tech scavengers on earth, caught between powerful factions on Venus and the Moon.
Sounds pretty awesome to me. I love the floating habs on Venus, especially. I would also love any opportunity to send my players into the ruthless morph-grinder that is post-Fall Earth. :D

wapa

Validated User
My party are scavengers working out of Nectaris on Luna; their adventures have taken them to a derelict research station, a TITAN-hacked orbital weapons platform, a refugee habitat cobbled together out of old fuel tanks, wreckage and the spaceplane that evacuated its citizens, and some Martian cities via egocasting. They've also visited Sinclair/New Varanasi and Nectaris's Synth slums on the surface.

Eventually, I'm sure, they'll be visiting Earth.

killerjoel

Jump, demon dog!
Validated User
My party are scavengers working out of Nectaris on Luna; their adventures have taken them to a derelict research station, a TITAN-hacked orbital weapons platform, a refugee habitat cobbled together out of old fuel tanks, wreckage and the spaceplane that evacuated its citizens, and some Martian cities via egocasting. They've also visited Sinclair/New Varanasi and Nectaris's Synth slums on the surface.

Eventually, I'm sure, they'll be visiting Earth.
Luna is definitely a tempting starting locale for me as well: tons of stuff in "easy" travel distance, normal economy to ease my players into Eclipse Phase, Earth right in the viewport. . . yeah, Nectaris is tempting.

Captain_Karlsen

Retired User
My campaign is set on a remote reserach station, where research is being conducted into healing schizphenics with the aid of cybernetic models............

JediSoth

Semi-Professional Author/Publisher
Validated User
I've read it and think it's got an awesome premise. I'm not currently in a gaming group, so I'm looking forward to playing it at Gen Con in a few weeks.

killerjoel

Jump, demon dog!
Validated User
I've read it and think it's got an awesome premise. I'm not currently in a gaming group, so I'm looking forward to playing it at Gen Con in a few weeks.
I'm jealous; I won't be making any 'cons this year. :( I think the only way I'll get to play it here is if I run it, but I really want to be a player in this game.

Enjoy Gen Con!

rebussohal

Retired User
My group is currently travelling on a scum ship beween Luna and Mars with a possible seed AI having been smuggled on board by the usual mad scientist type.

Top Bottom