• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Eco-Minis?

Mortimer

Validated User
Since I've gotten into mini's again I've been making quite a collection of plastic sprues, metal offcastes, etc. A common problem.

I'm loathe to just chuck them out because ... well there has to be something that can be done with them, this is all the same plastic and such that the miniatures are made from right? Has anyone made away of recycling it so you can feed it back into a 3d printer or something like that? I know that is not exactly a cheap option, but I thought I'd at least look into it, become some sort of hippy wargamer :p

Mortimer

Validated User
Those are certainly the good ole traditional methods, I suppose I was thinking more if any ones made any leaps in personal recycling. Melt down your plastics and resell them / feed them into a 3d printer or such.

But all ideas welcome.

Kiiratam

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I made an angel/HQ marker for my Imperial Cult orks:

Got another stack of sprues waiting to be cut up; probably turn them into an ork encampment, eventually.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Those are certainly the good ole traditional methods, I suppose I was thinking more if any ones made any leaps in personal recycling. Melt down your plastics and resell them / feed them into a 3d printer or such.

But all ideas welcome.
That's a good question, but I suspect there's a lot of variables. At the very least, I'd be afraid of fumes from the melting process.

Did a quick look and found this from 2013...
https://www.treehugger.com/sustaina...y-plastic-recycling-machine-dave-hakkens.html

Top Bottom