• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[El Goonish Shive] I can't be the only one here who reads it ...

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Grace is building up to coming out as alien dramatically isn't she? Poor squirrel.

meanwhile, in NP and it's discussion of superheroes, I've always said that an invulnerability power is mostly a personal inertial compensater. Reactive barriers work too of course but they lack a certain elegance.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Grace is building up to coming out as alien dramatically isn't she? Poor squirrel.

meanwhile, in NP and it's discussion of superheroes, I've always said that an invulnerability power is mostly a personal inertial compensater. Reactive barriers work too of course but they lack a certain elegance.
I've always been partial to the "Superman has a skin tight nigh invulnerable forcefield which is the source of his invulnerability."

I also like My Hero Academia, where no one is JUST invulnerable, like the main invulnerable guy in the series Kirishima, has his quirk where he actively has to make his skin harder, and rock like as he does it (And his brother by another mother TetsuTetsu does the same thing only he turns to metal).

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nanase has been practicing her Fairy Doll spell a bit

(which reminds me, I know we've been told Susan's doll-summons CAN be run first person, has she figured out how to do that yet, and will we ever see it... I know she's not supposed to be at this party, but who knows...)

Bicorn

Validated User
Latest EGSNP: Shive's commentary suggests he merely added the bubbles to the background so it wouldn't be just a blank grey space. I wonder if he's aware what a bubbley background traditionally signifies in manga. (It's love.)

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Latest EGSNP: Shive's commentary suggests he merely added the bubbles to the background so it wouldn't be just a blank grey space. I wonder if he's aware what a bubbley background traditionally signifies in manga. (It's love.)
Given how flustered they both are and that there's at least one alternate universe with Elliot and Tedd dating, I think he's ENTIRELY aware.

Top Bottom