• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[El Goonish Shive] I can't be the only one here who reads it ...

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, this is shaping up to be fun; and full of Ashley learning about Elliot's band of lunatic friends. At some point during this party, it's going to dawn on her that she's dating the most normal member of the bunch.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Oh, this is shaping up to be fun; and full of Ashley learning about Elliot's band of lunatic friends. At some point during this party, it's going to dawn on her that she's dating the most normal member of the bunch.
Ellen vs Mundane Party. That'll be quite the test...

And yes. Finally we have some sane perspective for comparison from outside this cluster of weirdos... and she's a wizard with a set of transformation fetishes and fascinations as long as Ted's.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Elliot vs. Sarah or Justin? Seems a tough call.
Ellion vs. Sarah could be a contest, between his transformations and being involved in magical martial arts from the very beginning, and her Tedd's Assistant activities. But I'd think Justin sweeps the field easily for most normal main cast member. (Susan might have been a contender a bit back, but probably not anymore. And is skipping the party IIRC.)

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Susan gets less normal as you know her, what with her aversion to touching and such, which is why I didn't mention her.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Elliot vs. Sarah or Justin? Seems a tough call.
Sarah has rare and powerful magic, and literally has a fairy not-QUITE-godmother. Plus the fact that she, Grace, and Tedd are all really close and up to mad science shenanigans. She’s out.

Justin has magic martial arts and is gay, Elliot has magic martial arts and is gender fluid. Elliot is a stick in the mud but his family is very odd. Justin is otherwise quite normal and doesn’t make the magic nonsense the focus of his life the way the others do. I think he wins on points.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Susan gets less normal as you know her, what with her aversion to touching and such, which is why I didn't mention her.
I don't think having an aversion to being touched is weird. Its probably one of the more normal things about her. Considering she's a half elf with a history of vampire slaying.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
I don't think having an aversion to being touched is weird. Its probably one of the more normal things about her. Considering she's a half elf with a history of vampire slaying.
Diane's the half-elf, Susan is a distant descendant.

Susan's degree of aversion to being touched, even rejecting hugs by long-time friends, is kind of weird. Also her germophobia and reaction to Diane simply leaning on a wall.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Sarah has rare and powerful magic, and literally has a fairy not-QUITE-godmother. Plus the fact that she, Grace, and Tedd are all really close and up to mad science shenanigans. She’s out.

Justin has magic martial arts and is gay, Elliot has magic martial arts and is gender fluid. Elliot is a stick in the mud but his family is very odd. Justin is otherwise quite normal and doesn’t make the magic nonsense the focus of his life the way the others do. I think he wins on points.
I think omitting Elliot's shape changing powers significantly oversells the level of normality there.
Yeah, it was slightly weird when the most magical known thing about her was summoning mostly-comedic hammers, I guess. Maybe. It was presented as such anyway. Seems well within tolerances for regular human behavior.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Elliot's also bi; FWIW. Then again, the sexualities of everyone who hangs around Tedd too much probably have a way of getting relaxed over time.

Top Bottom