• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Elite Dangerous] Transmissions From A New Commander

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
I've been playing this game a couple weeks now, and I just took a mission last weekend to take a famous explorer towards the galactic core (my first long haul, but I figured, why not get an extra 20mil for something I'd want to do eventually). My little DBX is now about 20 jumps from the Lagoon Nebula, about to hit a swath of brown dwarfs. I'm so happy I brought an extra fuel tank

Last edited:

DaveB

No regrets
Validated User
Go see Thor's Eye! It's the biggest black hole close to the bubble, and it's right near the Lagoon Nebula

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Commander Zippy! Glad to see ya, welcome to the Galazy. :) That little DBX looks sweet, I'm jealous of the jump range. :)

That's really where I'm coming from right now, trying to find the best jump range at my price point and without using Engineering or Guardian tech, because I'm not looking forward to the grind for either. That 'Conda I posted up there doubles my current jump range, which was really all I was looking at.

I'll keep poking at Coriolis as I slowly zig zag my way back to the Bubble. Hopefully I'll find figure something out by the time I get back. Also, hoping to have Elite Exploration rank, so I can hit up Jameson Memorial.

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
Commander Zippy! Glad to see ya, welcome to the Galazy. :) That little DBX looks sweet, I'm jealous of the jump range. :)

That's really where I'm coming from right now, trying to find the best jump range at my price point and without using Engineering or Guardian tech, because I'm not looking forward to the grind for either. That 'Conda I posted up there doubles my current jump range, which was really all I was looking at.

I'll keep poking at Coriolis as I slowly zig zag my way back to the Bubble. Hopefully I'll find figure something out by the time I get back. Also, hoping to have Elite Exploration rank, so I can hit up Jameson Memorial.
The first couple FSD engineer upgrades are pretty easy to get if you watch for missions that give the needed ingredients as alt rewards. I hit up Felicity Farseer and was able to get the ingredients from missions at the SB in Deciat

empulsive

Validated User
The first couple FSD engineer upgrades are pretty easy to get if you watch for missions that give the needed ingredients as alt rewards. I hit up Felicity Farseer and was able to get the ingredients from missions at the SB in Deciat
Cool, that's good to know, and now I know to be on the look out for stuff like that. :)

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
Cool, that's good to know, and now I know to be on the look out for stuff like that. :)
You need 1 meta-alloy to unlock the Deciat Engineer (these can be given as mission rewards, or you can just buy one at a commodity broker near the Pleiades nebula (which is what I did). Not too long of a hike. Other engineers I suspect need other items, but Farseer was the one that automatically showed up on my galaxy map so I just rolled with it.
Level 1 improved jump is just 1 Atypical Disrupted Wake Echo
Level 2 is 1 Atypical Disrupted Wake Echo and 1 Chemical Processor
I had one mission that gave 3 of the wake echos as an award, so I was set pretty quickly. But that's as far as I've gotten. Once you've unlocked you can go to remote workshop and see the ingredients listed for each upgrade so you can keep track.

empulsive

Validated User
Oh, aye, I've unlocked Farseer and Martuuk, have them both at Grade 4 access and have pinned Farseer's FSD range blueprint and Martuuk's FSD boot up blueprint. It's just I wasn't sure where to get the stuff, the gameplay loop that generally gives them to you (scanning wakes and such?) isn't one I have investigated much, and I've been so focused on building my credits up that I never more than glanced at the other options, so never noticed exactly what I was being offered. I just wanted the creds.

Once I'm back in civilization, I'll be doing a lot of flying around and focusing on different parts of the ED experience. Just have to power through the next approx. 4.8K LY. :)

Zippy

Buggy Coder
Validated User
Oh, aye, I've unlocked Farseer and Martuuk, have them both at Grade 4 access and have pinned Farseer's FSD range blueprint and Martuuk's FSD boot up blueprint. It's just I wasn't sure where to get the stuff, the gameplay loop that generally gives them to you (scanning wakes and such?) isn't one I have investigated much, and I've been so focused on building my credits up that I never more than glanced at the other options, so never noticed exactly what I was being offered. I just wanted the creds.

Once I'm back in civilization, I'll be doing a lot of flying around and focusing on different parts of the ED experience. Just have to power through the next approx. 4.8K LY. :)
Yeah, I never had much luck with wake scanning, either. With mission rewards you at least know what you're getting and you still get credits and rep in the process

empulsive

Validated User
I've become impatient, and instead of scanning every system I pass through I am only scanning whatever system I stop in to scoop. Put a lot of LYs behind me in yesterday evening's session, and I'm hoping to be back in civilization by the end of the day today, or tomorrow. I'm ready to switch out of deep exploration mode into a different type of activity. :)

Top Bottom