• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Elite Dangerous] Transmissions From A New Commander

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Focused on other games these days, but ED is still installed and I dust my HOTAS every so often "just in case" (which sounds kinda weird?), and I keep my eye out for announcements...such as this one:

Fancy! We're getting Fleet Carriers, they're owned on a personal, not a squadron, basis. Gonna be 'spensive, and require special fuel. Sounds like a nice new goal to aim for, because let me tell ya, I totally want my own dang Fleet Carrier now. :)

TrapperQ

Spiker (proof on request)
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My plan is to call mine the Cat's Cradle, fly it to the Cat's-Paw nebula and leave it there as a way station for travellers & miners.

Ralls

Entering the Abyss
Validated User
And here I was thinking my anti-thargoid cutter was going to be a pain to A-rate.

Hrm. I think I"ll do some thargoind hunting for a bit, then maybe trading to see the costs.

I do think it quite romantic to build your own large cruiser as an exploring vessel to go out and see the stars.

Klajorne

Double Clutching Weasel
Validated User
So. Lately, I've been sticking to mining, mainly the big-ticket items like Void Opals, Low-Temp Diamonds, Alexandrite, et cetera.

After my latest session netted several million credits worth of VOs and LTDs, I now have over a billion credits in my bank account.

So... now what? Part of me wants to just put on some bling and go "I won, bitches!" but then again there's so much more in the game.

Ideas?

(Also, damn I wish RL money was as easy to get a vidya game money. :p )

EDIT: Almost forgot, if you want I can write up a How To Mine Void Opals guide and post it here.
Have you tried canyon racing yet? I think that's the best thing the game offers. Bonus points if you move your chair up against the screen.

Ralls

Entering the Abyss
Validated User
In light of the new carriers coming in December, I have been preparing to afford one. I just made my first billion painite mining in the belts. I refit my anti-thargoid cutter to do some bulk mining. I don't think its as lucrative as void opal blasting per-ton, but it is much easier to find rocks with 30%+ painite if you're lucky enough to find where two painite hotspots overlap. Plus, the massive cargo bay of the cutter combos nicely with all the module slots for collector limpets. I have become space roombah.

Now I've got Elite in trading an exploration. I'm thinking I'll outfit a mamba to get that last elite rank in combat.

Last edited:

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Nice. :)

Maybe I head back Elite-ward, once I finally get Fire Emblem Three Houses out of my system.

Top Bottom