• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Engineers Shouldn't Play D&D

nightwind1

Validated User
Posted by one of my Facebook friends:

No real comment here, just laughs.

And possibilities...

Tequila Sunrise

Validated User
Don't roll a nat 1 with a bastard DM!

(I'm a student engineer, but I'm a bit confused. Which is the 'business end' of this device?)

Frecus

The Old Stone Thrower
Validated User
Now my question is: how do you make holes in a portable hole to put the stick through?

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

loseth

A Dungeoneer and a
This could be it.

We mount that bad boy on a ballista bolt, and wheel it up to within firing range of Elminster's tower.

Yes, yes, this might actually do it!

Littleredfox

Validated User
Posted by one of my Facebook friends:

No real comment here, just laughs.

And possibilities...
The second generation version substitutes a dimensional mine for the portable hole and becomes cheaper.

I think the cost can be got down further [Dimensional pockets spell?]

orrclan

Retired User
Now my question is: how do you make holes in a portable hole to put the stick through?

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior
I thought the same thing at first, but I think the holes are just in the tube that the portable hole is rolled up in and not in the hole itself.

Eurhetemec

Banned
This could be it.

We mount that bad boy on a ballista bolt, and wheel it up to within firing range of Elminster's tower.

Yes, yes, this might actually do it!
Sadly I think that would just leave Elminster on the Astral Plane, which as a Wizard/Fighter/Cleric/Wizard/Rogue/Wizard/Spellfire User/Wizard/Sexhibitionist/Wizard 36/24/36, he'd probably have no problems dealing with :(

JonMonster

Doop de doo
Validated User
Sadly I think that would just leave Elminster on the Astral Plane, which as a Wizard/Fighter/Cleric/Wizard/Rogue/Wizard/Spellfire User/Wizard/Sexhibitionist/Wizard 36/24/36, he'd probably have no problems dealing with :(
That's kind of what I was thinking. If you're going up against somebody powerful enough to justify burning a bag of holding and a portable hole, and you can't think of a better way to deal with them? Then you're probably going up against somebody for whom a trip to the Astral Plane is a mere annoyance (if a time consuming one) who will return sooner or later...

Fade

Validated User
That's kind of what I was thinking. If you're going up against somebody powerful enough to justify burning a bag of holding and a portable hole, and you can't think of a better way to deal with them? Then you're probably going up against somebody for whom a trip to the Astral Plane is a mere annoyance (if a time consuming one) who will return sooner or later...
A related development project is working on creating a portable hole the size of a beer mug and a punch of holding that only fits half a kilo. While useless for conventional purposes these should be cheap enough to use as munitions.

Top Bottom