• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ENnies 2019 Nominations

Crothian

Validated User

The nominations are up for the 2019 ENnies. I was one of five judges and after many hours of debating and discussions this is the list we came up with. There was over 420 items submitted this year. We read, listened, and interacted with all of them. It took a lot of time, effort, and a little grit to get through it all. If anyone has any questions on anything I'll answer what I can.

Liberator

Rollin' Dice
Validated User
Should I be turning in my Gamer Card if I've heard of almost none of those products? Maybe 'none' is a bit much- but I recognize the stuff from Pelgrane, Chaosium, Cubicle7 and Kobold Press...but the remainder I haven't the foggiest.

seanairt

Validated User
Oh, sweet! Winter's Daughter is nominated for best adventure. Kudos to Gavin and the rest of the team at Necrotic Gnome!

Crothian

Validated User
Should I be turning in my Gamer Card if I've heard of almost none of those products? Maybe 'none' is a bit much- but I recognize the stuff from Pelgrane, Chaosium, Cubicle7 and Kobold Press...but the remainder I haven't the foggiest.
Of course not. We don't pick the most well known stuff to nominate we pick what we feel is the best. Many of the books I had not heard of till we got copies of them. But now hopefully gamer will take a little time out their day and look up some of the products they don't know. With a little luck they might even find a new game to love.

ShawnTomkin

Validated User
Consider it an opportunity to learn about some new games :)

JediSoth

ENnies Staff
Validated User
There are so many small companies operating now and new ones start every year (and sadly, probably an equal number stop publishing each year). I think it's pretty much impossible for one person to keep up with everything these days unless that's ALL they do.

Clark

Ensign 9th Class
Validated User
Several of the big players didn't submit products for nomination, I think, for better or worse.

On an unrelated note, I am a super proud papa, in that my daughter got her name on the ENnie nominations page for Dinosaur Princesses. :D

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Several of the big players didn't submit products for nomination, I think, for better or worse.

On an unrelated note, I am a super proud papa, in that my daughter got her name on the ENnie nominations page for Dinosaur Princesses. :D
Congratulations!

Reverend Keith

I was a friend of Jamis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If that's the case, I would have lost my card years ago. I stopped paying attention to these awards because I've never heard of most of the products up for these votes.

Consider it an opportunity to learn about some new games :)
According to the link, there are 432 submissions from 241 publishers and creators. I've been spending a lot on RPG books for most of my life, but even I can't afford to spend that much money on games. :)

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
Yeah, I have to admit that most of the ones under actual "Games" I hadn't even heard of; I think the only one I own is Liminal, and at least two of them I think this was the first time I'd even seen the names.

Top Bottom