• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ENnies 2019 Nominations

Wurzel

Action biologist!
Validated User
I am extremely excited to see Legacy up there, not just once but twice! My first ennie nominations :D

Ineti

Playing mind games! Woo!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There are so many small companies operating now and new ones start every year (and sadly, probably an equal number stop publishing each year). I think it's pretty much impossible for one person to keep up with everything these days unless that's ALL they do.
Funny--that's the same thing a lot of folks said about 10 years ago when indie fiction publishing really took off. Instead of a smaller number of titles coming out by the traditional publishing houses that one person could probably keep up with, thousands of authors were publishing and adding their works to the creative whole, and suddenly no one could keep up with all the content. Another interesting parallel between the two industries how things are swinging more toward creators and away from the handful of big publishers.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love seeing so many titles I had no idea about. I have been browsing and some of them look great, so I enjoy a lot the exposure these nominations give them.

Royale

Delver/Reviewer
Validated User
I'm happy there's so much variety! I don't think the "best" products are coming from the big names right now. D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and anything with the Star War's IP tend to run off with the votes in other competitions if they're on the list. It'll be nice to see less-known work like Mothership, Troika, Ultraviolet, The Black Hack, Winter's Daughter, and others get the ENies stamps of approval.

Crothian

Validated User
I'm happy there's so much variety! I don't think the "best" products are coming from the big names right now. D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and anything with the Star War's IP tend to run off with the votes in other competitions if they're on the list. It'll be nice to see less-known work like Mothership, Troika, Ultraviolet, The Black Hack, Winter's Daughter, and others get the ENies stamps of approval.
To state for people who don't look at the submissions list nothing from Wizards or Paizo was entered. We didn't get anything Star Wars or Shadowrun either. I'm not saying they would have been nominated if they had entered but they didn't want to be considered this year for reasons I am not privy to.

Royale

Delver/Reviewer
Validated User
To state for people who don't look at the submissions list nothing from Wizards or Paizo was entered. We didn't get anything Star Wars or Shadowrun either. I'm not saying they would have been nominated if they had entered but they didn't want to be considered this year for reasons I am not privy to.
Yes! Thank you for clarifying. None of them were on the list this year. In my excitement for those other publishers, I might have implied something I didn't mean to.

Crothian

Validated User
All the self nominations for Judge for the 2020 season are in. Voting for the winners of the awards and the judges for next year starts Wednesday. That means there are a few more days for people to really look into the nominations to determine who they want to vote for.

StevenC

Validated User
Should I be turning in my Gamer Card if I've heard of almost none of those products? Maybe 'none' is a bit much- but I recognize the stuff from Pelgrane, Chaosium, Cubicle7 and Kobold Press...but the remainder I haven't the foggiest.
It's interesting that you say this: it was only a few years ago that they were criticized for the exact reverse and only nominating the mainstream products.

For what it's worth, I haven't heard of many of them either, although my daughter is my excuse at the moment. Being a dad for a toddler takes almost all of my gaming time.

Top Bottom