• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ENnies 2019 Nominations

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
It's interesting that you say this: it was only a few years ago that they were criticized for the exact reverse and only nominating the mainstream products.

For what it's worth, I haven't heard of many of them either, although my daughter is my excuse at the moment. Being a dad for a toddler takes almost all of my gaming time.
For what it's worth, I find the Ennies much more useful when I'm not seeing Pathfinder or D&D items on the list as my primary use for them is finding out about excellent products that I missed when they initially released.

StevenC

Validated User
For what it's worth, I find the Ennies much more useful when I'm not seeing Pathfinder or D&D items on the list as my primary use for them is finding out about excellent products that I missed when they initially released.
You're right, of course! Smaller games and publishers get a huge boost from something like this, and that's amazing.

Crothian

Validated User
It's interesting that you say this: it was only a few years ago that they were criticized for the exact reverse and only nominating the mainstream products.
For better or worse the ENnies change every year because of Judge turnover. There was only one judge from 2018 that was a judge in 2019. Looking back a few years you'll have completely different judges and opinions being showcased by the ENnies. It's one of the great things about the awards that it does speak with different voices almost every year.

I'm really happy to see the variety in this years lineup. It's the first ENnies lineup I've seen in a few years that wasn't dominated by the same D&D or Pathfinder products.
And hooray for that! Probably not a coincidence that the slate this year has so many great products, including a number I'd never encountered and have scooped up.

I'd love to see the major awards admit to the imbalance in the industry and just create a separate category for D&D and another one for Pathfinder, especially since the awards have a popular vote. No slight to either game, but if a great D&D book comes out people will hear about it. An award means so much more to that first time publisher looking to establish themselves, or the small press looking to break out of their niche. D&D and Pathfinder are already everywhere.

arjunstc

Validated User
I am rooting for Seth Skorkowsky, in the Best Online Content category. Go watch his stuff - you won't regret it!

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User
I am extremely excited to see Legacy up there, not just once but twice! My first ennie nominations :D
Didn't knew the author of Legacy posted here. Legacy is KICK-ASS (and I voted for it!).

It was the game that manage to sell my last group back home on PbtA and that was because, beyond the PbtA Engine is a fine damn game.

Spook

Burn the Heretic. Purge the unclean.
Validated User
That is a lot of Who? this year. That's fine *votes straight Cthulhu products*

Top Bottom