• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ENnies 2019 Nominations

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
I'm afraid I'm unfamilar with too many of those to vote fairly; it'd add up to "voting for the one example I'm familiar with" in most categories which seems--off.

Crothian

Validated User
That is a lot of Who? this year. That's fine *votes straight Cthulhu products*
The nominations were announced July 3rd and you can vote till the 21st. That leaves a lot of time to look into products you aren't familiar with. We even provide direct links when possible. We know people are not going to be familiar with everything so we try to make it easy to learn about these great products for people that want to put in a little effort.

That said Cthulhu had a great year with many strong products to vote for.

Octiron

Pariah
Validated User
I'm afraid I'm unfamilar with too many of those to vote fairly; it'd add up to "voting for the one example I'm familiar with" in most categories which seems--off.
Exactly, I feel like it would be off too. I wish people would give lesser-known games by non-big-name publishers a chance instead of just voting for what they recognize.

For what it's worth I am spending a bit of time looking through these and trying to see what they have to offer before voting. I think the number is manageable.

Problem is, I think the only way to really get what a game is about is to actually play it, but for these sort of things you have to make do with a skim.

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
Exactly, I feel like it would be off too. I wish people would give lesser-known games by non-big-name publishers a chance instead of just voting for what they recognize.

For what it's worth I am spending a bit of time looking through these and trying to see what they have to offer before voting. I think the number is manageable.

Problem is, I think the only way to really get what a game is about is to actually play it, but for these sort of things you have to make do with a skim.
I'm perfectly willing to vote on things I've only read, but to be honest, I'm also not going to buy a game just to be able to vote on it effectively. I figure the best thing I can do is simply not distort the vote.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
This is the reason I value the nominations more than the popularity/networking contest that is the actual winners.

SorcererNinja

Ace Valkryie Pilot
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If nothing else, this is a reminder that I really need to read my copy of Night's Black Agents, because the adventure for that which got nominated sounds cool.

Top Bottom