• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Entomophobia (13th Age)

Shadow Hexagram

Drama frog
Validated User
"To Orilen's songs!" Saevan yells. He pushes the squig back with his shield and go on hammering it.

OOC: Attack vs AC: 1d20+3+1+3 21
Damage: 1d8+3 5
Besides, the natural even roll (14) triggers the Defensive Fighting maneuver (+2AC until the end of Saevan's next turn)

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sarathiel moves away the demon they're facing, wanting to face a more powerful foe. They stide towards the one facing Orilen, taking the parting attack from their demon stoically. The monk faces against a new foe, and launches a powerful attack against it, their fists wreathed with silver fire. As they're hit connects, the demon begins to burn with the icy fire too.

OOC:
Try to disengage, and fail 1d20+3: 7 [1d20=4], so I'll use Leaf on Wind to move away, provoking an OA. The reason for this is my flow attacks are much more powerful against a monster with more HP than me!
Attacking the demon on Orilen with Silver Warrior Advances. 1d20+8: 27 [1d20=19]. That's a hit, and I'll spend a point of ki to make a natural even hit*. I do 1d8+3: 4 [1d8=1] damage, and 10 ongoing cold damage (the whole reason for this round's tactics!).
My AC is now 17.
* Rules question: Can I use this to turn the natural 19 into a natural 20 for the purposes of a critical? I'm guessing not, but if that's legit, I would have done so. It means a massive 4 extra damage, woop woop :).

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
OOC: Opportunity attack against Sarathiel. Melee attack vs AC: 1d20+8 9 Nope.

The demon snapped at the monk as they dashed away, but Calpurnia's twisting daggers proved too much of a hurdle to overcome.

OOC: Orlien & Calpurnia --> Demon Squigs --> Sarathiel & Saeven. Now the demon facing Orlien only has 15 HP so I think it has less than Sarathiel at this point. The one facing Saeven still has 22 HP, though. Speaking of that demon, Saving throw: 1d20 7. It fails its saving throw and will continue to take ongoing damage.

Escalation die is at 4.

Last edited:

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
“An audience of one”, says Calpurnia sadly. “Oh well, the show must go on!”

She curtseys to the squig, stabbing it again as she rises. She then springs away toward Saeven.

OOC: Evasive Strike: 1d20+4+1+1+4 16
Damage: 1d8+4 7

Pops free

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: My sustain roll is a waste of a natural 20, but at least the +1 attack continues for everybody sustain: 1d20 20
Attacking with Color Spray spell: 1d20+9 25, assuming that's a hit, damage is spell damage: 2d8 12
If that happens to leave the thing below 10 hp, it's also weakened.

Orilen's voice never falters, and he works in the gestures and mystical words of his spell almost as a counter-rhythm, and a brilliant wave of color flashes out from his hands to the demon.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Calpurnia stabs deftly at the demon but it managed to keep ahead of her quick daggers by the skin of its parti-colored hide. The monster turned on its heel and bit down hard on her extended arm. Orlien hit his demon full in the face with a spray of magical energy; in an instant it dissolved into nothing and now they were only facing two. Saeven managed to keep the demon pinned with his shield, even as the creature scratched and bit at the soldier's armor.

OOC: Orlien & Calpurnia --> Demon Squigs --> Sarathiel & Saeven. The demon facing Orlien gets taken out by ongoing cold damage so we have one on Calpurnia and one on Saeven. Melee attack vs AC: 2#1d20+8 18 12 That hits Calpurnia for 6 damage.

Escalation die is at 4.

Shadow Hexagram

Drama frog
Validated User
In the heat of the battle, Saeven decides to deal a Power Attack on the demon squig before him, as it is high time this battle stops and the innocent souls trapped here are saved.

OOC: Attack vs AC: 1d20+3+1+4 9
Alright, that's a Fumble, I rolled a natural 1.

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
OOC: Calpurnia Rolls With It, taking 3 instead

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sarathiel marches over to the demon facing Calpurnia, and strikes at it. Thier blow connects lightly, but Sarathiel draws resolve from it nonetheless.

OOC: Attack Vs Calpurnia's demon, hits AC 24. That does 5 damage and I can heal with a recovery as a free action.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Saeven bored down on the shield with all his might. It did a good job of keeping the creature contained but it limited the leverage he could manage with his warhammer. It poked around the sides but was unable to do more than press at the demon. Sarathiel danced over to the heavily-wounded demon and landed a quick blow; it tottered momentarily but stayed upright.

OOC: Orlien & Calpurnia --> Demon Squigs --> Sarathiel & Saeven. Two demons still up, the one underneath Saeven is barely hurt and the one facing Calpurnia is barely standing. Escalation die is at 5!

Top Bottom