• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Entomophobia (13th Age)

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Orilen brings his song to a thrilling conclusion, inspiring Calpurnia, but his wild scimitar swing at the demon near Saeven isn't even enough to startle the thing.

OOC: Sustain for the song fails sustain: 1d20 2, I'll give the +2 to Calpurnia.
Attacking the one facing Saevan: fumble attack: 1d20+9 10, so not even miss damage.
 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Inspired by Orilen’s song, Calpurnia’s roll from the demon’s strike segues into a pirouette. Her counterattack comes in from the side, driving into the squig’s eye. She blows Orilen a kiss.

OOC: Attacking the squig that bit me.
My miss from last round should have done 1 damage, if that makes a difference.

Attack: 1d20+4+1+2+5 18
Damage: 1d8+4 5
 

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Calpurnia's dagger snuck in and plunged into the demon's eye-- then continued plunging as the monster evaporated into oily smoke! The only monster left was pinned under Saeven's shield, ineffectly gnawing away at the slab of metal.

OOC: That sneak attack damage was vital; otherwise the demon-squig would've had 2 HP left. The last demon is going to try and bite Saeven. Melee attack vs AC: 1d20+8 9 Well that's no good. Disengage check, I think, and time to run. Disengage Check: 1d20 14 It's off!

Dispirited perhaps by the death of its fellows, the demon took advantage of the pressure to pop out from underneath the soldier's shield and bolt! It trailed a sickly trail of slime and drool behind it as it bounded for the open doors of the temple!

OOC: Orlien & Calpurnia --> Demon Squigs --> Sarathiel & Saeven
Catch that demon!

 
Last edited:

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
OOC: Sarethiel and Saeven next, no?
 

Shadow Hexagram

Drama frog
Validated User
"For the Emperor!!" Saeven says, before following the demon and striking again.

OOC: Attack vs AC: 1d20+3+5 21
Damage: 1d8+3 6
Triggers the Carve an Opening maneuver (Crit range now at 17)
 

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sarathiel charges after the last demon, remembering thier lessons about letting no foe leave a temple alive. The monk's blow looks like it will miss, but they twist at the last moment, and land a solid blow. "For Moradin!" they cry.


OOC:
Move after the demon, and attack it. Natural 3 which I assume misses. I'll spend my last point of ki to turn it into a natural 4, and then use Temple Weapon Master to turn a natural even miss into a hit. Phew! It does 8 damage. An ally can pop free from the demon, but I assume Saeven is happy to be engaged with it.

Sarathiel's old temple was sworn to Moradin, or another relevant god if you have a specific pantheon in mind.
 

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
The soldier's hammer came down on empty air as the demon continued to bound and scramble ahead, but the monk managed to leap ahead and land a telling blow on the creature. It started limping, but didn't seem to slow down as it still ran for the exit.

OOC: The demon is staggered now and we're back to the top of the ground. Orlien & Calpurnia --> Demon Squigs --> Sarathiel & Saeven
Escalation die is at 6. The demon will have one more round to run away! Get 'em!

 

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
“If you have anything to add, Father, now’s the time!”, says Calpurnia. Charging toward the squig, she leaps onto it, drives her dagger into its head, and springs off toward the doorway.

OOC: A question: Tumbling Strike says “the quick action disengage lets you move again if you succeed”. Is that a continuation of my original movement, or an additional movement? Either way, trying to end my turn between it and the doorway.

Attack: 1d20+4+1+6 30
Damage: 1d8+1d4+4 10
Disengage: 1d20 4
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Things getting too serious for you?" Orilen asks. "Then let's lighten up!"

He moves into position near the thing and speaks the words of power, his hands once again projecting a rainbow of intense light at the fleeing demon.

OOC: Color Spray Color Spray attack: 1d20+3+1+6 24 vs MD.
Damage = damage: 2d8 12
 

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Calpurnia's acrobatic antics left her between the creature and the doorway and gave her a perfect view when Orlien's magic dissolved the creature in a burst of light. Her dagger fell to the ground with a clatter as the viscous smoke the creatures left behind thinned out to nothing and disappeared. Once again the heroes had prevailed and protected another group of innocents. The high priest approached the group, holding out his hands and intoning a benediction to the gods of Light. The old man's hands shook with exhaustion but his voice was loud and clear as he spoke. "Oh Lord of Light and Purity," he said, "bless these true and valiant heroes. They are come in our moment of need and delivered us from foulness and doom! Let your light shine and protect them as they serve our city and our people."

OOC: Everyone can spend a Recovery right now and get maximum benefit from it.

The moment of solemnity held until the priest's legs buckled and he fell to the ground. The other acolytes rushed forward to lift him up and a senior one, a dwarf with a serious mien, approached the group. "We're grateful for the aid you rendered," she said, "but now the heirophant needs to rest, and we must resanctify the catacombs and see to the aid of these people. Do you need anything else from the temple?"
 
Top Bottom