• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Entomophobia (13th Age)

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
Calpurnia's dagger struck one of the multi-armed creatures and it snarled in a way that shouldn't be possible without a throat. They lumbered forward, swinging their fists in wide circles as they piled on the heroes.

OOC: The brutes are going to move up and engage Calpurnia, Saeven, and Sarathiel. Melee attack vs AC: 3#1d20+6 7 12 12 Well that didn't go so well.

There wasn't enough room for them to swing very wide, though, and the heroes managed to avoid the power of their blows.

OOC: Orlien & Calpurnia --> Skeleton brutes --> Sarathiel & Saeven --> Skeleton mooks. Orc and monk are up!

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sarathiel shifts their position between the undead, taking advantage of their close ranks to launch a powerful blow at one of them. As the undead reels back from the blow, the monk darts between them, and clambers on top of a nearby statue.

OOC: I assume I get adjacent to two of them :) Using Bronze Thwarts an Army, hit doing 5 damage. Disengage attempt works (+3 from feat, -2 from two extra adjacent enemies). I guess there's something to climb on down here, but the main goal of the move is to be not engaged with lots of nasty undead, and so they're also moving away from the mooks.

Shadow Hexagram

Drama frog
Validated User
Saevan engages the nearest skeleton brute but dealing a smashing blow on its ribcage...

OOC: Attack vs AC: 1d20+3 11
That's only 1 Damage then.

... but his hammer fails to connect properly.

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
The reassembled skeletons, some of them hefting rusting weapons and others grasping thick, heavy bones, all rushed forwards towards the group. Launlydir swore as she stepped in front of the acolyte, her sword a sudden blur of steel as she fought to keep them contained in the crypt. Sarathiel found themselves with the majority of the mooks clawing and battering at their perch.

OOC: 5 mooks. Three are going to engage Sarathiel, one each on Calpurnia and Saeven. Melee attack check with Focus: 5#1d20+7 15 11 27 27 11 So that's a hit and a crit on Sarathiel for 15 damage, and a crit on Calpurnia for 10 damage. And since one of those mooks rolled a 4...

A howl rolled through the tomb as the dark magic controlling the skeletons gathered together and glowed brightly. Out in the corridor, the acolyte screamed as another skeletal hand ripped itself free from the wall and grabbed at her!

OOC: Orlien & Calpurnia --> Skeleton brutes --> Sarathiel & Saeven --> Skeleton mooks. The more charismatic PCs are up and we're now at Escalation Die 1.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Orilen tries to call out a battle chant, but the dust of the tombs sends him coughing, robbing his magic of its potency.

OOC: This is assuming I'm not engaged, though I suppose it might be what I'd do either way. But a poor roll: Battle Chant: 1d20+5 8

Shadow Hexagram

Drama frog
Validated User
OOC: Saevan is also watching out for any more skeletons that would engage any one from the party nearby. The point is to use the Skilled Intercept Clas Talent. Perhaps with some of the acolytes?

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
OOC: Saevan is also watching out for any more skeletons that would engage any one from the party nearby. The point is to use the Skilled Intercept Clas Talent. Perhaps with some of the acolytes?
OOC: If you want to roll for that, go ahead. The acoylte's on the other end of the file, though, so if you move you're going to risk attacks from the mooks you're engaged with... which could trigger more mooks rising up.

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Calpurnia gets rushed by the skeleton horde, taking a painful hit. “Ugh!”, she grunts. Drawing another dagger, she feints at her attacker, then stabs at the one Saevan hit. Using the momentary distraction, she slips away from the crush of undead, toward the edge of the line.

OOC: Evasive Strike: 1d20+4+1+1 21
Damage: 1d8+1d4+4 14
Disengage: 1d20 19

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
The bigger skeletons were chipped and hurt, but they seemed undaunted as they continued to press to party closely. Two of them swung eight fists in total at Saeven, battering the half-orc's shield with their bony assault. The last one turned and charged at Calpurnia, roaring as it tried to grab at the slippery thief. As the blows miss, the energy emanating from the monsters rip away at their life-force -- if they stay here too long they'll fall and join this macabre battalion!

OOC: Two attacks to Saeven, one on Calpurnia. Melee attack vs AC: 3#1d20+6 10 20 9 That hits the half-orc once and has the chance of a follow-up hit. Melee attack vs AC: 1d20+6 22 That hits. A total of 7 untyped damage to Saeven, 2 necrotic damage to Saeven, and 2 necrotic damage to Calpurnia.

Now up to Orlien & Calpurnia --> Skeleton brutes --> Sarathiel & Saeven --> Skeleton mooks.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sarathiel strikes at the skeletons surrounding them, calling on the power of silver dragons to wreath the undead in silver fire.

OOC: Assuming the mooks have more than 9hp. I attack the mooks and hit for 5 damage and 10 ongoing cold. If the mooks have fewer than 9hp each, then there's no ongoing damage.

Top Bottom