• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[ESO] One Tamriel is Live, no more faction restrictions

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For anyone interested, the One Tamriel update (update 12) just went live on the PC megaservers.

[video=youtube;vZ0SFC8xOdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0SFC8xOdw[/video]

No more faction based restrictions in pve content, so players can play with each other regardless of faction choice. Also, the entire game world has been overhauled with level-scaling; players can bring their characters into any zone and find level-appropriate quests/mobs.

There's some more information about what's in the update over here.

There's also another contest going on until December 16th.

So anyone else excited for this?

Personally, I'm kind of kicking myself over deleting my Sorcerer, because the new weapon ultimates might have gotten me to go back to being a Sorcerer Healer.

Last edited:

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm definitely looking forward to this. There's a ton of fallout effects from making the mobs level-less and the zones open to everyone. For example, all of the old sets have been unlocked to scale up to CP160. So the amount of build diversity shot through the roof. Also, Craglorn, which used to be "Groups of 4 Only" has the arbitrary lock outs removed so if you can handle the mobs, you can solo or small group the storyline there too.

From the sound it World Bosses and Dolmen's have been tuned up as well so those should be more challenging and interesting too.

Overall though I just love the idea that I can venture out, do the quests that seem interesting and never again have to worry about doing more quests so I won't be underleveled for the next zone (actually never been a problem) or rushing to the next zone because everything is turning grey in my current one (was frequently an issue).

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Finished downloading the patch. I'm thinking of starting a new character, but haven't decided on what it will be. So not much I can say yet.

Although, there is a lot of discussion on general chat about the itemization changes. Also I found out from the chat the there's new "Hard Modes" that can be triggered for the last boss of the vet dungeons, which I missed in the update notes.

Castille

MetaTemporal Adventurer
Validated User
I'll have to update & try again. I'm not sure it works as a game when you need a quick hour-filler as the open-worldness of it means you don't get to stop! But with a couple of days free next week I can devote more time to it.
Plus I need to get my head around how it actually works.

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is just for the PC, right?
The updates are slower for the console versions because they have to get approval from Sony/Microsoft. The update is supposed to be out for the console versions on the 18th.

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
Having just picked up ESO:TU from Walmart for $10, I'm intrigued by this. :) I might get some of my friends who got into the game early to come back.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think it's making me download the entire client from scratch. They did something so there's only one client? And it's the NA client. I guess I get to pick between NA and EU on the game menu.

Does that mean you can play cross-server now? Or at least that your account is cross-server?

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You can pick which megaserver in-client, but NA and Europe are still separate.

Top Bottom