• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[ESO] One Tamriel is Live, no more faction restrictions

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
so after finally dropping a bit of cash on an eso plus sub ive turned into rummagy the rummaging rummager since i no longer have to worry about all the random crafting stuff you find everywhere clogging up my inventory. Its...actually pretty nice.
The crafting bag is worth subbing for all by itself

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
When you create a character you choose a specific Alliance. However, this choice isn't that restrictive (anymore). You can go visit any region regardless of which faction they belong to. The only aspect of the games you faction choice impacts is which "starter island" you end up on once you begin the base game's main story quest and which side you fight for in Cyrodiil, which is a world pvp zone with capturable forts and towns.

The Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild and Psijic Order (owning Summerset is required to join them) are the other joinable npc guilds.

The Morag Tong exists, but you can't join them.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
When you create a character you choose a specific Alliance. However, this choice isn't that restrictive (anymore). You can go visit any region regardless of which faction they belong to. The only aspect of the games you faction choice impacts is which "starter island" you end up on once you begin the base game's main story quest and which side you fight for in Cyrodiil, which is a world pvp zone with capturable forts and towns.

The Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild and Psijic Order (owning Summerset is required to join them) are the other joinable npc guilds.

The Morag Tong exists, but you can't join them.
Cool, thanks. :)

Do we have an option to not join the PvP part, or can we just avoid that PvP zone?

I hate anything PvP and competitive stuff.

Nerik the Red

Validated User
Do we have an option to not join the PvP part, or can we just avoid that PvP zone?

I hate anything PvP and competitive stuff.
PvP is restricted to Cyrodil and the Imperial city, Battlegrounds, and dueling.
There should be a configuration in your options menu to auto-refuse duels, while Battlegrounds can be easily avoided.
I also hate PvP.
The only problem is that there is some non-PvP content in Cyrodil and the Imperial city, which I personally just forget about.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
You never have to go to the Imperial Provence.
Ah, okay, so it’s an Imperial area I would have to be careful with.
PvP is restricted to Cyrodil and the Imperial city, Battlegrounds, and dueling.
There should be a configuration in your options menu to auto-refuse duels, while Battlegrounds can be easily avoided.
I also hate PvP.
The only problem is that there is some non-PvP content in Cyrodil and the Imperial city, which I personally just forget about.
Ah, nice that there’s an option! :)

Yeah, when I do multiplayer stuff, I like cooperative stuff, so it’s good to have a “fuck off” option for PvP. Don’t want to get harassed into PvP fighting stuff while doing quests and such.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Yeah, stay out of the specific PvP zones and you’ll be all PvE. By default which race you play controls which alliance you belong to (the option to play races in the wrong alliance is something you can buy as a small add on).

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Yeah, stay out of the specific PvP zones and you’ll be all PvE. By default which race you play controls which alliance you belong to (the option to play races in the wrong alliance is something you can buy as a small add on).
Oh, okay, cool. Makes sense.

I’m deciding between Imperial or Altmer, depending on which one is less ugly. Hopefully Elves are not too, too ugly this time around. (I like making pretty characters, and I am shallow that way, lol.)

Morrowind and Oblivion had some decent looking mer (Elves) of all kinds, but many of the Skyrim character models were just so fugly, I ended up adding a few pretty mods.

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
Oh, okay, cool. Makes sense.

I’m deciding between Imperial or Altmer, depending on which one is less ugly. Hopefully Elves are not too, too ugly this time around. (I like making pretty characters, and I am shallow that way, lol.)

Morrowind and Oblivion had some decent looking mer (Elves) of all kinds, but many of the Skyrim character models were just so fugly, I ended up adding a few pretty mods.
Most of the models are updated and smoothed out versions of the skyrim ones. I think only the Bosmer are completely new

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Imperial race is, for some reason, something you pay extra for as well. You can make some really pretty mer with the customisation options.

Also some pretty ugly ones if you want ;)

Top Bottom