• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[ESO] One Tamriel is Live, no more faction restrictions

Aeolusdallas

Validated User
Imperial race is, for some reason, something you pay extra for as well. You can make some really pretty mer with the customisation options.

Also some pretty ugly ones if you want ;)
Originally it was a race that could automatically be in any alliance

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Imperial race is, for some reason, something you pay extra for as well. You can make some really pretty mer with the customisation options.

Also some pretty ugly ones if you want ;)
That’s... not good. So uncool. Why do we have to pay for Imperials?

Pay, as in real money pay, like for DLC? Or collecting enough in game metacurrency or something weird like that to unlock the Imperial?

I guess either way, I’ll start with an Altmer or another human race, then.

Lol at your last statement. :p

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Looked at a video from the ESO wikia page, and the Altmer/High Elf model is soooo much better than Skyrim’s, that’s for sure! They look like something out of a smooth skin mod, which is good! Keeps the original Elder Scrolls feel, but makes it less wrinkly and wonky. And the hair is not a blobby mess like Skyrim’s, haha! :D

(I love Skyrim. I’m just lightly making fun of it. I do prefer the worlds and quests from Morrowind and Oblivion over Skyrim’s, though.)

Still downloading. About 11-15 hours left, give or take, ugh. :cry:

I’m so excited, I wanna play, haha!!! :D

Does this game have voice chat? That would be awesome if it did. :) If not, then I guess keyboard text chat? (I’m on PC, so it shouldn’t be a problem either way.)

Nerik the Red

Validated User
Does this game have voice chat? That would be awesome if it did. :) If not, then I guess keyboard text chat? (I’m on PC, so it shouldn’t be a problem either way.)
Unfortunately no voice chat on PC (although I think it does have voice chat on the console versions).
Me and my friends/relatives tend to use either Discord or Steam chat.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Unfortunately no voice chat on PC (although I think it does have voice chat on the console versions).
Me and my friends/relatives tend to use either Discord or Steam chat.
Ah, okay. Too bad, could have been awesome.

I also use Discord (and Steam) for both voice and text chats as well. Hope that works when playing the game alongside it.

Turelie

Maddeningly Altruistic
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Imperials were collector's edition bonus back from when ESO launched.

The original idea was that Imperials didn't into the playable factions, with what's left of the "Empire" being a puppet government for Molag Bal's cult. So, player Imperials would essentially be refugees joining whichever faction they thought was best.

Currently it functions similar to the collector's items from the game's expansions (Morrowind, Summerset). If you didn't purchase the collector's version, you can pay extra later for the in-game stuff they come with.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Imperials were collector's edition bonus back from when ESO launched.

The original idea was that Imperials didn't into the playable factions, with what's left of the "Empire" being a puppet government for Molag Bal's cult. So, player Imperials would essentially be refugees joining whichever faction they thought was best.
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Still feels a bit weird or rip-off-y making a base race DLC, but okay. I’ll accept it for now. I’ll have to save up in the far future to get the Imperials, then.

In the meantime, I’ll create a starter character with the Altmer, or the other humans like Breton. I’m leaning towards the Altmer, though.

Ack. Still downloading, lol. :p

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Yeah, with the default version of the game and no expansions or DLC you get 9 playable races:

Altmer, Khajit, and Bosmer: Aldmeri Dominion
Dunmer, Nord, and Argonian: Ebonheart Pact
Orsimer, Redguard, and Breton: Daggerfell Covenant

Each of the three factions has its own quest line which spans six different zones in their territory. Each of these zones also has many sidequests and delves (mini-dungeons), as well as generally one proper public dungeon per zone and a number of group dungeons for coop play.

Then there's the main story quest, which can take place whilst you are doing the faction quests.

Also the Mages Guild and Fighter's Guild have their own quest lines.

Then there's a few extra zones that aren't part of any faction's main plotline and have their own stuff in them.

Then there's the PvP stuff in Cyrodil.

Base game crafting is a bit of a pain because you have only limited storage for crafting ingredients so you end up getting very full pocksts/bank space pretty quickly, however all the types of crafting except for jewelry crafting are available in the base game (Jewelry crafting is part of the Summerset expansion).

Then DLC adds more: Imperial City is another PvP zone, most of the rest add extra PvE zones or dungeons. The big "chapters" (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr) each add a big new zone with lots of quests and plot and also new mechanics and suchlike.

A subscription to ESO+ is not required to play any of the above, but it gets you access to all the DLC except the chapters, and gives you infinite storage space for crafting items, as well as a bunch of "Crowns" to spend on stuff from the crown store each month.

The crown store sells small addons (like being able to play as an imperial, or being able to play any race in any faction), cosmetic stuff (outfits, mounts, pets, etc ...) and houses, as well as more prosaic stuff like mediumly effective potions and loot crates (which contain all of the above). Crowns can be bought with real money if you want.

You can also join player guilds in game, and buy and sell items with them, go on quests with them, do dungeons with them, etc ...

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
I've been playing since the start of the year, logging in almost every single day during that period, and playing quite a lot. I've still only completed two of the three main faction plots, none of the extra DLC/Chapter plots, and haven't touched PvP or cooperative group play. This game is huge even just for the single player story questing.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
Thanks for all of the info, Pip Pip ! :)

I just started playing and creating a character, and, oh my gosh, I’m already loving it.

Is it pathetic to tear up at a familiar theme song and setting?

Because, GOSH, I just got hit by *NOSTALGIA EXTREME* when I heard the Morrowind theme and saw the opening of the Morrowind world and that boat. 😱😭😍THE FEELS, man!

I have to finish my account, but I’m choosing the NA server (for now, since I live in NA), and the username for my online handle is almost always LatinaBunny, just like here, so maybe I can look up some other players. (I’m also LatinaBunny on Steam and Discord as well. I’m on Eastern Time.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom