• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[ESO] One Tamriel is Live, no more faction restrictions

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Congrats!! Happily, you'll never need to make that climb again (especially since it looks like they may not be raising the CP cap any further).

Burgonet

Retired user
Validated User
I bought the Elsweyr expansion and all the other ones as part of some 'deluxe edition' or such but still really can't get into playing this.
There's a Amusement Park quality to this genre that just shakes my sense of immersion and experience with the game.

I do appreciate though the aesthetic of Elsweyr and did enjoy just walking around and exploring the world.
But the constant "hurry through the ride!" prompts, which for me started with the tutorial and never really stopped, did put me off.

Ah well, at least ESO is the premiere MMO out there these days, that's some solace at least.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
And the thieves guild quest line is complete!

Having a fence who follows me around is nice.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And the thieves guild quest line is complete!

Having a fence who follows me around is nice.
Congrats! Out of curiosity, what class did you run the quest with and what was your highest bounty?

As for the fence, I wish they'd go back and change her so she didn't take a 35% cut of the profits. Granted we don't have to pay 5k crowns for her like with the merchants, but I'm greedy enough that I wind up holding on to stolen stuff a lot longer than I should because I don't want to give up that much gold.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
I’ve been playing both this and Final Fantasy 14 Online, and I like both, but I feel FF 14 is more RP-friendly since it has the camera tool and player character has actual expressions (voice sounds) in some of their emotes. ESO doesn’t feel like it has that same support for RP-like or glamor-posing stuff, so far.

And my ESO screenshots seem to come out too dark and blurry/low definition for some reason, and covered with some of the UI. (Wonder if there is a way to turn off the UI in ESO?)

Another huge thing: I also met a player in FF 14 who ACTUALLY waited for me to finish talking to NPCs and watching the cutscenes. *LE GASP*

Meanwhile, in ESO, I feel more pressured to hurry up with talking with NPCs by other players to hurry through the dungeon or quest, especially if I’m traveling with players who went through the dungeon already. And I also had a different ESO veteran player go ahead and complete parts of quests for me behind my back while I was still talking to the NPC questgivers, lol, gosh.

I just can’t absorb the lore and story as well when I feel rushed like that, so it’s making me cautious about doing too much multiplayer.

I feel ESO is about pledges or trials (?) half of the time. Which I don’t think I can participate in anyway, since my character is not at that level. Oh, and trading. But I don’t have much of anything worth trading or selling. I don’t think anyway?

So story quests and side quests are what is carrying the game for me. And maybe the gathering and crafting.

Sorry to be so negative. I do still very much love the exploration, the sandbox open world, and the varied story and side quests of ESO.

I’m just going through a honeymoon stage with FF 14 at the moment, lol. I love the potential for posing my character for screenshots and having more patient players who are into the casual RP scene. (I can make my character emote more without feeling totally out of place, haha.)

Spoiler: Show

Finally! Finally, I'm CP810!
Congrats! :D

(Grammar)

Last edited:

JediSoth

Semi-Professional Author/Publisher
Validated User
If you're not worried about endgame min-maxing, there's little reason to pay any attention to either pledges or trials. Especially trials. There are RP guilds (though I'm not in any of them) on the NA server, and I'm sure there are some on the EU server, too. I think you're probably getting a skewed perspective because people who focus on exploration and story aren't in chat trying to recruit people for trials/pledges/PvP.

And yeah, unless you're a MONSTER at gathering raw materials, you're not going to have much worth selling at a Guild Trader until you hit CP160 (the gear cap). You might get lucky and sell something lower every once in a while, but leveling is so fast through the lower levels, that most players don't worry about set bonuses until they reach the gear cap.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
ESO does seem to be divided into "solo this" sections and "group for this" in other places. For regular questing? Unless it's with friends who agree to stay in sink and go slow, it's almost always better to just solo it. With some RL friends I play with, even when we *try* to quest together things inevitably get messed up because someone will click through a dialog faster than the rest of us and then we miss the story. Or an objective will group complete for some of us and not others.

So much easier to just take all of that at your own pace....which kind of makes the MM part of MMO less thrilling.

Group Dungeons are the worst for that, since until you're sporting a much better build, soloing them is out of the question and yet the general player base has run them all hundreds of times each so waiting for dialog or bothering to read through for the thousandth time is something a lot people don't bother with. Best advice there is, run with friends and let them know you need to wait for things. If you're doing the quest in a lot of dungeons there are times you have to sit still and let the NPCs have their conversation before you're even allowed to click on them to move forward, so people should be understanding.

All that said, I think ESO's biggest strength is that there is an enormous amount of stuff you can do if you just strike out in a direction which catches your fancy and interact with the people and things you run across. That's really the best option for getting immersed in the world from and there's so much content in the game that you can do that for a very very long time.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
If you're not worried about endgame min-maxing, there's little reason to pay any attention to either pledges or trials. Especially trials. There are RP guilds (though I'm not in any of them) on the NA server, and I'm sure there are some on the EU server, too. I think you're probably getting a skewed perspective because people who focus on exploration and story aren't in chat trying to recruit people for trials/pledges/PvP.

And yeah, unless you're a MONSTER at gathering raw materials, you're not going to have much worth selling at a Guild Trader until you hit CP160 (the gear cap). You might get lucky and sell something lower every once in a while, but leveling is so fast through the lower levels, that most players don't worry about set bonuses until they reach the gear cap.
Yeah, that sounds good. I’ll try looking for RP Guilds.

The few guilds I have joined have very nice guild members, and I’m sure they would wait for me on quests if I asked, but they’re veterans who are very much into talking about pledges when talking about the game. They’re cool, but finding more guilds that have RP focus could help get me more of the casual game talk and casual RP.

I love ESO’s world and the story/lore and sidequests, so it’s a good single player experience. It’s just a matter of finding my groove on things and getting some of what I want out of the multiplayer experience, is all.

Wow, regarding the trading: that’s really high! We’ll see if I get to the level, haha. ^_^;;

Edited to add:

ESO does seem to be divided into "solo this" sections and "group for this" in other places. For regular questing? Unless it's with friends who agree to stay in sink and go slow, it's almost always better to just solo it. With some RL friends I play with, even when we *try* to quest together things inevitably get messed up because someone will click through a dialog faster than the rest of us and then we miss the story. Or an objective will group complete for some of us and not others.

So much easier to just take all of that at your own pace....which kind of makes the MM part of MMO less thrilling.

Group Dungeons are the worst for that, since until you're sporting a much better build, soloing them is out of the question and yet the general player base has run them all hundreds of times each so waiting for dialog or bothering to read through for the thousandth time is something a lot people don't bother with. Best advice there is, run with friends and let them know you need to wait for things. If you're doing the quest in a lot of dungeons there are times you have to sit still and let the NPCs have their conversation before you're even allowed to click on them to move forward, so people should be understanding.

All that said, I think ESO's biggest strength is that there is an enormous amount of stuff you can do if you just strike out in a direction which catches your fancy and interact with the people and things you run across. That's really the best option for getting immersed in the world from and there's so much content in the game that you can do that for a very very long time.
Thanks for this.

Yeah, the dungeon rushing is what I’ve been having problems with, and the whole everyone has their own pace thing during shared quests, like you said, is also another areas that can potentially be troublesome at times.

One good thing, though, is that I do sometimes see other players around in the open world, which gives me some opportunities to do some quick healing (of others) and quick waving hi-and-bye.

Hopefully I can find more guilds and just keep casually interacting with people on the way and always try to find stuff to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom