• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Every Side of the Sky [Amber]

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
"I was told in no uncertain terms that attempting to blow up a primal plane doesn't go well," Merlin says, sounding actually worried. "Suhuy in fact stressed this to me several times, unprompted."
"I wasn't suggesting that anyone try such a thing." Nicholas says. "I was, um, emphasizing that we can't stop our elders from doing what they want, really. But good to know that blowing up a primal plane is a bad idea. Hopefully our enemies won't try it anytime soon."

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Nuala suddenly looks very nervous, where previously she had mostly looked annoyed post Trevian's comments. "You're all sure that the Living Night has more of whatever weapon they used before?" She's already fishing out a Trump card as she says this.

While she's doing this, Ambrose says, "Did anyone else have someone suggest that there would be other ancient threats unlocked along with the Living Night?" Although it seems said to everyone, he's standing near Nuala as he says it and he's angled slightly towards her, perhaps to catch who it is that she's Trumping. However it is Midna who reacts immediately.

"Have we even confirmed they were released intentionally? Even at a time disadvantage they might have found the way out on their own; maybe the extreme time shift made the breach and that's why it looks like they took a one-way road, it wasn't ever a road just damage done to Shadow by their imprisonment." She sounds like she's trying to convince herself as much as anyone else.

The Watcher

Cosmic Observer
Validated User
"How is that even possible?" Nicholas asks. "I always thought of Shadow as being the interplay between Logrus and Pattern." He muses for a moment before continuing "I wonder if we will find any natives and what they would be like. They might have an understanding of the machine."
“There definitely will be natives,” Adam says confidentially. “The aesthetics of this Realm implies it. Where there’s an engine there are engineers and technicians. And they probably know quite a bit about the machine, since from their perspective they’ve been studying it since the beginning of history.”

"I was told in no uncertain terms that attempting to blow up a primal plane doesn't go well," Merlin says, sounding actually worried. "Suhuy in fact stressed this to me several times, unprompted."
“Did he happen to cite any historical examples any of these times? As a cautionary tale.”

Nuala suddenly looks very nervous, where previously she had mostly looked annoyed post Trevian's comments. "You're all sure that the Living Night has more of whatever weapon they used before?" She's already fishing out a Trump card as she says this.
“We’re not absolutely sure, but it’s probably safest to assume the worst.”

While she's doing this, Ambrose says, "Did anyone else have someone suggest that there would be other ancient threats unlocked along with the Living Night?" Although it seems said to everyone, he's standing near Nuala as he says it and he's angled slightly towards her, perhaps to catch who it is that she's Trumping. However it is Midna who reacts immediately.

"Have we even confirmed they were released intentionally? Even at a time disadvantage they might have found the way out on their own; maybe the extreme time shift made the breach and that's why it looks like they took a one-way road, it wasn't ever a road just damage done to Shadow by their imprisonment." She sounds like she's trying to convince herself as much as anyone else.
“I don’t think we’ve encountered any evidence that independently proves they were released but all the experts we consulted believed they had been released and didn’t consider the possibility they escaped on their own. Or if they did, they didn’t share such suspicions with us.”

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
“There definitely will be natives,” Adam says confidentially. “The aesthetics of this Realm implies it. Where there’s an engine there are engineers and technicians. And they probably know quite a bit about the machine, since from their perspective they’ve been studying it since the beginning of history.”
"Or at least there will have been natives," Trevian says. "Things happen."

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Merlin sighs at Adam's question—"No, he said he didn't want to give me ideas. But I'm pretty sure he was referring to the destruction of the Leniol." The word is a heavily Chaos accented Thari one that can best be translated as 'stay away' but inflected to indicate a creature of ambiguous status between animal and demon.

Nuala appears to be engrossed in her Trump conversation, while Ambrose is pacing around her. Cara has joined Midna in examining the elevator, and seems to have pried open something so that it can now be controlled. They seem irked by it, whatever it is. Baxter is observing his cousins in conversation, far quieter than usual. Periodically he glances towards the huge engine in the centre of the room.

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
"Maybe we should go and try to find some then. I am curious to what they think or thought about this machinery and so forth." Nicholas says.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
"Well, if someone gets this damn elevator going sure, or we can hike it," Midna says, clearly invested in making the damn thing go at this point.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Trevian investigates the engine, pacing around it, looking for controls or obvious connections leading away to other things that might bear investigation. There's a huge grin on his face.

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
"Well, if someone gets this damn elevator going sure, or we can hike it," Midna says, clearly invested in making the damn thing go at this point.
Nicholas walks over to where Midna and Cara are and looks at what has them so dismayed. "Aren't elevators supposed to be simple to control? This just doesn't seem right. We have a working shadow-lock but not an elevator."

Top Bottom