Evil Hat's Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter not shipping to Europe [There's a reason, see tweet in post #8]

DuckanCover

... with only a hatchet and a flashbang.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
From the above post:

"At the end of the day, all we’re asking international folks to do is wait for the book’s release and buy it through a store supplied by a distribution channel. We sell to a number of them in the international market, see www.evilhat.com/home/for-retailers for our list."

I can see clearly the sound business reasoning behind Evil Hat's discontinuation of international sales/shipping on their own account. But it's disheartening to see that the designated retailer in Australia for Evil Hat, right at this moment (1407 hours Sydney time) has a grand total of five (5) copies of "Improv for Gamers" in stock. That's their entire Evil Hat inventory...

Unfortunately, I've relatives who've dealt with a number of forwarders in the US, the results of which were not altogether encouraging.

Which can, understandably from this end, leave one feeling left out.

Alas, I've been getting Evil Hat goodies since back in the times when they could/did ship internationally.

All of which leaves a fan wondering what to do.

The Unshaven

Validated User
I can see clearly the sound business reasoning behind Evil Hat's discontinuation of international sales/shipping on their own account. But it's disheartening to see that the designated retailer in Australia for Evil Hat, right at this moment (1407 hours Sydney time) has a grand total of five (5) copies of "Improv for Gamers" in stock. That's their entire Evil Hat inventory.
My understanding was that the recommended Australian retailer was Aetherworks, who have a whole tonne of EH stuff?

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User
From the above post:

"At the end of the day, all we’re asking international folks to do is wait for the book’s release and buy it through a store supplied by a distribution channel. We sell to a number of them in the international market, see www.evilhat.com/home/for-retailers for our list."

I can see clearly the sound business reasoning behind Evil Hat's discontinuation of international sales/shipping on their own account. But it's disheartening to see that the designated retailer in Australia for Evil Hat, right at this moment (1407 hours Sydney time) has a grand total of five (5) copies of "Improv for Gamers" in stock. That's their entire Evil Hat inventory...

Unfortunately, I've relatives who've dealt with a number of forwarders in the US, the results of which were not altogether encouraging.

Which can, understandably from this end, leave one feeling left out.

Alas, I've been getting Evil Hat goodies since back in the times when they could/did ship internationally.

All of which leaves a fan wondering what to do.
Well, I mean, my game store can order things through their distributor. Is that not the case for Aussie stores? Have you asked if they can order specific books for you when they put in their orders? I'm sure they must be getting things shipped occasionally.

DuckanCover

... with only a hatchet and a flashbang.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"My understanding was that the recommended Australian retailer was Aetherworks, who have a whole tonne of EH stuff?"

Yes Aetherworks indicates they are a stockist for Evil Hat products. But, according to their online shop's catalog, which (as I indicated in my post) I searched less than fifteen minutes ago, all they actually have on hand (listed under "Evil Hat") are five copies of "Improv for Gamers". That's it.

Sorry, I'd like to believe otherwise...

iago

www.evilhat.com
Validated User
Really, where? I’ve never seen them here and there are some Evil Hat games I’d love to get in hard copy. I’ve previously tried to order through their recommended Australian stores and didn’t even get a response to my email, so if there’s an NZ store I’d look to go through them.
Aetherworks is our current distributor into Australian retail. See all our distributor partners at http://www.evilhat.com/home/for-retailers

iago

www.evilhat.com
Validated User
"My understanding was that the recommended Australian retailer was Aetherworks, who have a whole tonne of EH stuff?"

Yes Aetherworks indicates they are a stockist for Evil Hat products. But, according to their online shop's catalog, which (as I indicated in my post) I searched less than fifteen minutes ago, all they actually have on hand (listed under "Evil Hat") are five copies of "Improv for Gamers". That's it.

Not sure if that search is turning up an accurate result. Please email them; the inventory they tell me they have is much more varied and in much greater quantity than your reported search result indicates.

iago

www.evilhat.com
Validated User
I get the issues with Kickstarter. The point I was making more related to standard retail. And, unfortunately it was Aetherworks who didn’t even respond to my email.
Guess who’s going to be getting an email from one of their publisher accounts tomorrow? :(

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User

That's strange 'cuz the link that Unshaven posted has quantities of stock, and most of them appear to be in the double digits. And it's ... basically all of their products.

https://gyazo.com/50a2a3e3239440e4e59ff02d1e892a48

The Unshaven

Validated User
That's strange 'cuz the link that Unshaven posted has quantities of stock, and most of them appear to be in the double digits. And it's ... basically all of their products.

https://gyazo.com/50a2a3e3239440e4e59ff02d1e892a48
Yep, I can see two pages of products with stock numbers, most of which is in the double figures.

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User
I have determined that Aetherworks’ search function is useless. I also searched for Evil Hat and it gave me a D&D module. You should use their menus to navigate the site instead.

Edit: Update, their search function seems to work with the NAME of the product only. Searching Fate gave me products with Fate in their name. Likewise Robo gave me Atomic Robo, robot minis, etc.

Top Bottom