• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Exalted] Immaculate Dragons

Bicorn

Validated User
Is there a canon answer to whether the Immaculate Dragons (Sextes Jylis, Mela, Daana'd, Pasiap and Hesiesh) were actual Dragon-Blooded, Sidereal resplendent destinies, or just made up characters?

Also, does any sourcebook detail any of their supposed deeds?

Albert

Validated User
The MoEP: DB has a sidebar that talks about what they're supposed to be most famous for. That's about it, I think.

1st edition Aspect Books might have some more - IIRC the Water book has a Shogunate-era story about Danaa'd.

-Albert

DuctShuiTengu

Retired User
CoTD:BI has some information about them as well, in the chapter about the Immaculate Order.

I don't think it ever comes out and says what, if anything the legends are based on aside from Bronze-Faction propaganda.

beowulf8989

Right Pinky of Annoyance
Validated User
It seems likely that they are based off of the Elemental Dragons, they are named after them afterall. At the very least, the Immaculate Dragons are what the Sidereals want the DBs to be and thus why the IO spouting their lines.

Colapso

Cosmic Cat Pandemonium
Validated User
Is there a canon answer to whether the Immaculate Dragons (Sextes Jylis, Mela, Daana'd, Pasiap and Hesiesh) were actual Dragon-Blooded, Sidereal resplendent destinies, or just made up characters?

Also, does any sourcebook detail any of their supposed deeds?
Or the actual avatars of the Five Elemental Dragons, or five Third Circle Souls of Gaia who are assossiated with and ride the Elemental Dragons, or five enhanced Dragon-Blooded, or five things stranger still...

And no direct canon answer, no, but it seems they existed and were indeed mightier than DBs in general - for the only mention of them and their deeds I can remember apart from the 1e Core is the Aspectbook: Water one, which has a story where Danaa'd goes underwater and tells a would-be Fae invader from pre-Balorian days(probably one that ended up aiding him) that she is not to threaten Creation. Danaa'd there appears to be way stronger than a Dragon, commanding and contemptuous of the Raksha, and saying Creation was hers'... it may seem like Immaculate propaganda, except that the excerpt is deliberately said to NOT fit in with the persona of her in the Immaculate texts.

Of course, even that says only that they existed and were mightier than your average DBs, not what sort of mightier-than-your-average-DB-ness is them...

Aaron Peori

Retired User
The Five Greater Elemental Dragons are not elementals and they are not Dragonblooded. They are actual Dragons and they mostly hang around at the elemental poles. A few are active, a few are sleeping.

---------------------
Epsilon

That Old Tree

ಠ__ಠ
Validated User
The Five Greater Elemental Dragons are not elementals and they are not Dragonblooded. They are actual Dragons and they mostly hang around at the elemental poles. A few are active, a few are sleeping.

---------------------
Epsilon
Incorrect. There are three "tiers" of Elemental Dragon: lesser, greater and the.

Pasiap is the Elemental Dragon of Earth. He is one of Gaia's souls or "just" a god (the idea that the Elemental Dragons are Gaia's sub-souls was originally in Autocthonians, and hasn't actually entered into Second Edition yet; Stephenls suggests that their being "just" gods is more interesting, and considering how much of Second Edition is him, this might become canonically true).

The Kukla is a Greater Elemental Dragon of Earth. It is an actual elemental, born of the shards of the Five Great Elementals.

The Quicksilver Queen is a Lesser Elemental Dragon of Earth. Also born of the Five Great Elementals.

Considering the conflation of so many legends that were likely "really" Solar tales, along with the basic ideas behind the Immaculate faith, it's likely that the Immaculate, Dragon-Blooded avatars of the Elemental Dragons never actually existed in any capacity. Of course, being an interesting tidbit of information, there is a high probability the published works will ever say one way or another.

Last edited:

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pasiap is the Elemental Dragon of Earth. He is one of Gaia's souls or "just" a god (the idea that the Elemental Dragons are Gaia's sub-souls was originally in Autocthonians, and hasn't actually entered into Second Edition yet; Stephenls suggests that their being "just" gods is more interesting, and considering how much of Second Edition is him, this might become canonically true).
That's actually not what I said. I said I thought it was more interesting if the books left open the possibility of ambiguity as to whether the Five Elemental Dragons are Gaia's component souls, in the same way the books leave open some possibility that the Empress hasn't been kidnapped by the Ebon Dragon.

(I.e. yes, they are, but coming out and saying it in so many words is just crass.)

Also, for the record, none of 2nd edition is "mine" in the way I suspect you suppose.

Last edited:

That Old Tree

ಠ__ಠ
Validated User
Also, for the record, none of 2nd edition is "mine" in the way I suspect you suppose.
I suppose that you have had a great deal of input into what goes into Second Edition lately, being that you write for and develop parts of it. No, I don't picture you getting piggy-back rides from John Chambers, but I doubt every word written by you and the authors you've directed has to conform exactly to something John Chambers already thought of. Is that wrong?

Last edited:
Top Bottom