• Abyssal in mixed game

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • Infernal in mixed game

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Select any options you've yourself played as. Pure meaning the PCs were all of one Exalted splat, e.g. all Solars, mixed meaning, uh, mixed types. If you've played in two games, a Solar in a Solars only game and a Lunar in a Solar-Lunar game, pick "Solar in pure game" and "Lunar in mixed game", not "Solar in mixed game".

Of course this poll won't really capture frequency of game types among the same group, but the tools here are limited.

Edit: BTW, if you've played Alchemicals, feel to mention that in comments. I ran out of poll options.

Last edited:

Derrick Kapchinsky

Validated User
It's been years since I've played exalted at all, so I'm probably forgetting some short-lived game or another that I was in, but every semi-lengthy campaigned that I can recall has been mixed. I can't think of a single pure game that I've been in.

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
I assume that when you say, "You yourself played as," you're talking about having a PC of your own. As in, not being the GM. Yes?

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Yes.

Mostly because letting GMs voted for mixed games they ran would overcount mixed games, I think. E.g. if you ran a Solar-Lunar game you'd be voting twice on the same game.

Last edited:

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
Well, then I've had exactly one Exalted PC of my very own: A solar in an all solars game.

Although I've run pure solars, pure infernals, pure dragon blooded, mixed lunars, mixed abyssals, and mixed sidereals. Not to mention pure and mixed alchemicals and pure ghosts. Which is why I was being sure, because my answers to the two questions is very different.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Indeed! But if your players are here, they'll represent those games. If not... had to make a judgement call.

Yours would be the first pure Infernal game attested as I write, so that's interesting. Otherwise you fit into the trends so far.

Holden

RPGnet Member
Banned
Thus far, it seems that at least half the Exalted community has been in a mixed game at some point. And way more have been in pure-DB games than I'd have expected.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
I'm surprised pure Solar is as dominant as it is, and that (given all the excitement and popularity in other polls) pure Infernal is so low. Otherwise my pre-conceptions are being validated: I called pure Solar, pure DB, and mixed (in no specific order) as the big three. But the poll is young!

Last edited:

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User
Indeed! But if your players are here, they'll represent those games. If not... had to make a judgement call.
I don't think anyone I've played Exalted with posts here, although I suppose it's possible that I'm wrong.

Yours would be the first pure Infernal game attested as I write, so that's interesting. Otherwise you fit into the trends so far.
The pure infernals game was pretty awesome. Lots of political dealings alternating with brutal, one sided violence. Kind of Game of Thrones, but with literal monsters as the main characters.

Top Bottom