Exalted Third Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Tran

...I'm NOT a Doctor!
Validated User
Re: Exalted Third edition

I would also like to know what the full list of the top 5 priorities for 3.Ex are.

As far as I can read we have

1. "Prep and NPC design not a squamous writhing nightmare for Storytellers"

That alone is worth a lot to me as I love creation and would LOVE to run high adventure running about kung fu behavior, but all the Charms and special abilities that are so wonderful for a player really make me choke as a GM.

Ratoslov

Exploding Murderer
Validated User

Holden: While the Ink Monkeys are some of my favorite RPG rules guys due to your efforts to make 2nd Edition playable through improving it's mechanical rigor, and you personally are one of my favorite RPG.net posters due to making sense almost all the time, I've gotta say I've been burned by Exalted in two out of two editions now. That is batting 0.000. I love you guys, but I'm going to have to see some aweome previews before I'll buy 3rd.

Boco

Genderless entity
Validated User

I know this has NO chance of actually happening, but...

PLEASE put rules for Elementals in the DB book, and give them mechanical overlap! Same with Gods & Sidereals, Demons & Infernals, Ghosts & Abyssals, Fair Folk & Lunars. The Exalted are RARE but these other beings are not, and I'd like them to have the same level of mechanical rigor (as well as having 'default antagonists' in each book).

Regardless I am of course buying these. Realm politics book? Hell yes.

Dr. Tran

...I'm NOT a Doctor!
Validated User

Basically the part of me that has tried to or thought of running Exalted in the past and my rational sense of GM success precedent are having a similar conversation as Emperor Zombie and The Amazing Screw On Head.

Emperor Zombie: You let me down. You went on and on about how sweet the candy was, then told me not to put it in my mouth, and got mad at me when I did.
Screw-On Head: If by "candy," you mean ancient forbidden evil, then yes, I told you not to put it in your mouth.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User

I REALLY need a more simplified system this time. Streamlined too especially in calculating total essence and essence expenditure, or I will have no hope of getting people to play this and I would rather not buy another entire line of books that I'm the only one willing to invest the time necessary to learn it.

Kinetic Energy Weapon

flouveida
RPGnet Member
Validated User

"Prep and NPC design not a squamous writhing nightmare for Storytellers" is one of the top five priorities for 3e.
I would also like to know what the full list of the top 5 priorities for 3.Ex are.
Yes, any chance you could give us the list, Holden?

Hey, that's great. I've always wanted to play Exalted. Maybe 3rd edition will let me do it without feeling like I have to go back to college to learn how.
Likewise. For years now I've been waffling between "want to play" and "intimidated by the mechanics". I'm not afraid of rules-heavy systems, but the game's reputation for newbie traps and broken charmsets has made me hesitant.

Well, I'm excited! The Onyx Path links aren't working for me, though. Can anyone provide a working link to whatever official statements exist on the topic, so I can get properly hyped up at the fancy announcement?
The links won't work for me either.
I suspect we broke them. :)

Brian888

Validated User

My (semiserious) wishlist:

1. Oramus Charmset
2. Qaf Charmset
3. Elloge Charmset
4. Metagaos Charmset
5. Infernals as the baseline heroes
6. Oramus Charmset

Femme Firebird

Banned

Well, I'll remain optimistic, if still skeptical, until previews swing me one way or another. If it works out and this edition is something I actually want to use, well, December isn't that far away.

Isator Levie

Validated User

For those of us not well versed in Exalted, what would this entail?
Let me see...

Masters of Jade addressed the basic versimilitude issue of "people like to trade things" in the overall context of the supernatural weirdness of Creation.

How they use and avoid supernatural beings, how they profit in the trade of items and powers, how basic magic and the presence of gods is an everyday reality to people in Creation.

As well as the simple idea of "enterprising people will find ways to profit off of anything". Plus the idea that the Guild is everywhere.

Scratch off the serial numbers and replace them with stuff referencing imperialism and hegemony, and I'd suspect much the same from "The Realm".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom