• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Leliel

SJ Road Warrior
Validated User
Okay, these Infernals? Are awesome. And given how their whole thing is that a devil was hijacked by an Exaltation to give a willing mortal agency, I can't help but wonder if them showing up is a sign Yomi Wan wants to return to its purpose of purification instead of being a tool of the Yama Kings.

I am now imagining an Infernal, scarred and tired, removing her spear from the side of the last rival to the Demon Emperor's throne, slumping upon it...and as her first act, she gets up, turns around, and slices it in two, crushing the putrid crown beneath her feet and grinding it into salves to heal the war wounded, before building a new throne that exists only within Yomi. It seems like something both the corruption and the vestiges of being a Solar the Exaltation would approve of.

hsienfan

Validated User
It's hard to overstate how satisfying it is to see Exalted powers put into a simple 5-dot-based progression.

axl666

Validated User
You know, I really don't like the mechanics for exalted 3e. This is great stuff though. Why didn't they keep it this simple and clear, it would have been brilliant.

Lord Raziere

Banned
Validated User
I'm sorry, where is the Alchemical and Infernal stuff people keep mentioning? I got the pdf, and its only the original five.

Nevermind, found it, its on the home page

Last edited:

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
You know, I really don't like the mechanics for exalted 3e. This is great stuff though. Why didn't they keep it this simple and clear, it would have been brilliant.
Because it is also really quite great at demonstrating how original flavor Storyteller is broken?

It works because Exalts are supposed to stomp all over the setting, but it wouldn't actually work as-is for Exalted proper very well. (See also 1st edition.) It has the benefit of not having the same fail states as Ex1e, (which wasn't quite as outright broken as the second edition) so it is an improvement, admittedly.

Top Bottom