Cowmandan

Validated User
That actually doesn't bother me--it's a nice example of how the very metaphysical basis of creation has been warped over the centuries.
Yeah, I don't see this as a problem, per se, so much as just an illustration of how things can get very nutty if you apply ~20 dice to Sorcery rolls.

Haaz

Validated User
Both books are really inspiring. I love the mood of the project, but honestly, I mostly have the urge to use the rules to play regular Exalted, rather than play in the modern setting of WoD. The rules hax fill a much desired niche, moreso than the gonzo setting implications. Such soothing simplicity for my aging addled mind!

Along the lines of using Sorcerer stuffs (sounds like good clean fun), using some of the later WoD Mirrors setting ideas sounds really fun. Exalted vs WoD...in spaaaace! Or alternate world/isekai shards, or...or...

Arcane1

Gunzosha - In - Training
Validated User
I keep forgetting to ask, but whats up with the unicorn mask in the intro?

LordofArcana

Validated User
I keep forgetting to ask, but whats up with the unicorn mask in the intro?
The guy who slaughters the vampires in a mask?

Its a Hotline Miami reference. The game has you wearing animal masks while slaughtering huge number of guys in suits for reasons that are unclear until the end.

stsword

Validated User
Both books are really inspiring. I love the mood of the project, but honestly, I mostly have the urge to use the rules to play regular Exalted, rather than play in the modern setting of WoD. The rules hax fill a much desired niche, moreso than the gonzo setting implications. Such soothing simplicity for my aging addled mind!

Along the lines of using Sorcerer stuffs (sounds like good clean fun), using some of the later WoD Mirrors setting ideas sounds really fun. Exalted vs WoD...in spaaaace! Or alternate world/isekai shards, or...or...
I've been thinking about the White Wolf magazine crossovers myself, the cyberpunk, or Jail of Night Kult fusion.

Particularly the Jail of Night fusion, put Exalted in a setting where the mages, vampires, werewolves, etc, are the least of their worries, because the entire universe is against them. Reality is a prison for humanity, it's time to break out.

nexus

Validated User
Honestly, to me they look as good as 1st edition and better than the messy slog that was the 2nd edition rules. 3e is smoother and better, but also an order of magnitude more complex than these rules. Personally, I'd kitbash these rules into CoD (which is exceptionally easy) and I think the result would be a system that was more uneven than 3e, but also vastly easier to run - I'll make that trade.
That is encouraging. I've been hoping for a system that was a little simpler and easy to convert. The original premise does sounds interesting but feels like it would require a deep knowledge and understanding for the WoD to really make it sing in play...

What other WoD would be useful for getting the most use from this supplement for an Exalted in Creation game?

stsword

Validated User
That is encouraging. I've been hoping for a system that was a little simpler and easy to convert. The original premise does sounds interesting but feels like it would require a deep knowledge and understanding for the WoD to really make it sing in play...

What other WoD would be useful for getting the most use from this supplement for an Exalted in Creation game?
Sorcerer and Demon Hunter X include the magics and cinematic combat that ExWoD Exalts wield, but most of the stuff in WoD books don't exist in Creation, and those that do still aren't the same.

If you're willing to ignore that, ghosts exist in Creation so the Wraith books would be useful mechanically. as would books about spirits, ditto Bygone Bestiary and some other mage books which include legendary monsters and the like. Dark Ages Fae would be useful for non human fae running around but not really anything like the Rakshasa, and Devil's Due covers demons, demon thralls, demon worshippers, demon summoners, and the like.

nexus

Validated User
Sorcerer and Demon Hunter X include the magics and cinematic combat that ExWoD Exalts wield, but most of the stuff in WoD books don't exist in Creation, and those that do still aren't the same.

If you're willing to ignore that, ghosts exist in Creation so the Wraith books would be useful mechanically. as would books about spirits, ditto Bygone Bestiary and some other mage books which include legendary monsters and the like. Dark Ages Fae would be useful for non human fae running around but not really anything like the Rakshasa, and Devil's Due covers demons, demon thralls, demon worshippers, demon summoners, and the like.
Thank you, that's quite helpful :)

nexus

Validated User
I'm just hitting the background section. Does it relate to the Sidereals prophecy? In that they didn't kill off the Solar in the Ursurption or tried to help them and it resulted in a "World of Darkness" thanks to the Solars screwing up in some epic fashion or just being bastards by nature, etc?

Top Bottom