• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

LordofArcana

Validated User
I'm just hitting the background section. Does it relate to the Sidereals prophecy? In that they didn't kill off the Solar in the Ursurption or tried to help them and it resulted in a "World of Darkness" thanks to the Solars screwing up in some epic fashion or just being bastards by nature, etc?
Some people found the ruins of the Jade Prison and trapped all the celestial exalted in it.

Cowmandan

Validated User
Some people found the ruins of the Jade Prison and trapped all the celestial exalted in it.
And the Abyssals. Autochthonia remained as a separate sub-Realm discovered by the Technocracy while the Infernal Exaltations lay dormant in Hell up until the Jade Prison was breached.

So fram all that we can guess that whenever Creation fell apart, it was quite some time after RY 768, or else involved a great deal of alternate history for Creation.

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User
I admit, I'm surprised by that. Are these worthy folks left undefined or was it some known group like the Dragonblooded?
Undefined. It was so long ago that literally nobody remembers it, except maybe the oldest ghosts imaginable.

What few DBs are left remember that it happened. I'm pretty sure that's about as far as it goes.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Undefined. It was so long ago that literally nobody remembers it, except maybe the oldest ghosts imaginable.

What few DBs are left remember that it happened. I'm pretty sure that's about as far as it goes.
I think Charon came about after it.
Maybe, Maybe some Malfean might now, since they predate the current world.

Edit: I mean it happened before the freaking Trinity was formed.

vegetalss4

Validated User
I admit, I'm surprised by that. Are these worthy folks left undefined or was it some known group like the Dragonblooded?
The dragonblooded were the group that guarded the Black Vault (Jade Prison 2.0), and the group that opened it.
Also the backcover says that the exalted's time of glory where ended by the only hands mighty enough to cast them down: their own.
So while the details are deliberately left vague I think it's pretty safe to say that the Exalted where behind their own imprisonment (which groups exactly could be open for multiple interpretations).

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The dragonblooded were the group that guarded the Black Vault (Jade Prison 2.0), and the group that opened it.
Also the backcover says that the exalted's time of glory where ended by the only hands mighty enough to cast them down: their own.
So while the details are deliberately left vague I think it's pretty safe to say that the Exalted where behind their own imprisonment (which groups exactly could be open for multiple interpretations).
It kind would make sense for group of Celestial who decied that CElestials were a greater threat thne boon to creation.
And the only way to make sure there ore Celestials around is to lock yourself too, because US only knows what you future incarnation will be like.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
Creations of Iteration: X?
One possibility, thought given that I'd say this is a more optimistic setting (yeah, sure some of the exalted are terrible, but they're also going to the "woe unto the world" style of setting and punching it in the face), I thought that maybe the demiurge power is just floating around out there, occassionally latching onto random mortals. You'd have to make replacing charms easier, but the idea of someone whipping up an alchemical in his high school lab is amusing.

Of course, one thing, given that the afterlife works really differently here, maybe you can get specific people back, or there's a chance. I have a thought of a teddy Roosevelt as an Alchemical punching Vampires in the face.

Top Bottom