• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Cowmandan

Validated User
... 4th gen vampire ; 9 str, 9 brawl, 9 potence. over 20 dice in the pool.

Other stuff you said ; tons of thanks! Makes sense enough for me, honestly and tons of thanks! I don't mind the 5 limit int heory, though in practice I do like just being innately superhumanly strong or beautiful.
Yeah, it's theoretically possible for a vampire to exceed 20 dice, especially at 4th Gen, but in practice, I don't recall anything actually given stats in oWoD that exceed 20 dice. Neither Shaitan nor Kemintiri, the two 4th Gen vampires given actual stats, rolled more than 20 dice, though it's probable that an Antediluvian would roll more. There are also alternative means, and methods, by which a Solar can average about 28 dice via the Martial Arts in Demon Hunter X, which are also explicitly listed as an option in the companion book.

Last edited:

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
... 4th gen vampire ; 9 str, 9 brawl, 9 potence. over 20 dice in the pool.
Wait, did V20 do something to Potence and/or brawl?
As far I remember Brawl dice pool was compsed of Dex + Brawl, and Potance gave automatic successes on strenght roll (not dice).

Cowmandan

Validated User
Wait, did V20 do something to Potence and/or brawl?
As far I remember Brawl dice pool was compsed of Dex + Brawl, and Potance gave automatic successes on strenght roll (not dice).
Potence adds dice, but those dice can be converted into successes for a turn with a blood point.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
I think the big thing to note is that a "right out the gate" solar can match, or come close to matching a tricked out fourth generation vampire, which is, short of the Antediluvians, one of the worst things you can run into in the WOD. Granted, most 4th generation vamp's won't ever put themselves into a position where it will be a "Fair" one on one fight, but even so, the fact that a character gen solar can be anything other than a speedbump shows just how terrifying the exalted are.

Cowmandan

Validated User
I think the big thing to note is that a "right out the gate" solar can match, or come close to matching a tricked out fourth generation vampire, which is, short of the Antediluvians, one of the worst things you can run into in the WOD. Granted, most 4th generation vamp's won't ever put themselves into a position where it will be a "Fair" one on one fight, but even so, the fact that a character gen solar can be anything other than a speedbump shows just how terrifying the exalted are.
It's even worse for the Vampire once you factor in perfect defenses and perfect attacks. At that point, no amount of Celerity abuse can save the Vampire.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
Also, with the ability to throw scene long excellencies? A solar who has picked up some hedge magic can be very ugly.

Chaos_Chain

I'm not so sure a fresh-outta-chargen solar could actually fight a 4th gen. Just look at haotzoizoizoizz (The dude who was once Shaitan and has dementate 8, appearance 0, he's obviously a Baali...) - he's scary as hell and could, just for one, probably Dementate or Dominate any fresh solar super easily, unless said solar SPECIFICALLY picked up the prana thing to block the mental attacks, and even then the solar's dice pools will... be kind of piddly in comparison.

nos4artu

Educationalist.
Validated User
I'm not so sure a fresh-outta-chargen solar could actually fight a 4th gen. Just look at haotzoizoizoizz (The dude who was once Shaitan and has dementate 8, appearance 0, he's obviously a Baali...) - he's scary as hell and could, just for one, probably Dementate or Dominate any fresh solar super easily, unless said solar SPECIFICALLY picked up the prana thing to block the mental attacks, and even then the solar's dice pools will... be kind of piddly in comparison.
Yeah. I’d put that dude as a sort of mid-to-late Chronicle boss for a Circle of Exalts to beat down. He’d be the front-man for something like The Children or another cthonic deity that the Chosen decide needs to meet the true death. With 50-60xp under their belt a circle of Solars should be able to steamroller a Cainite of that ilk.

Cowmandan

Validated User
Yeah. I’d put that dude as a sort of mid-to-late Chronicle boss for a Circle of Exalts to beat down. He’d be the front-man for something like The Children or another cthonic deity that the Chosen decide needs to meet the true death. With 50-60xp under their belt a circle of Solars should be able to steamroller a Cainite of that ilk.
An Ess 5 Dawn was able to solo him very easily in a simulated combat, and it's probably possible for one to win at even lower Essence levels.

Top Bottom