• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Exalted] What do you want to see for Sidereals in 3rd ed?

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
1. A character creation where the Sidereals have the same general spread of dots as everybody else. This might seem like a petty thing, but it's kind of what prevents me from utilizing the various 3e fanhacks. Give them 28 dots, maybe have some extra specializations from the Divisions in order to say "okay, *this* is what the Cerulean Lute expects from you" but that's it.

Lucyfersam

Validated User
1. A character creation where the Sidereals have the same general spread of dots as everybody else. This might seem like a petty thing, but it's kind of what prevents me from utilizing the various 3e fanhacks. Give them 28 dots, maybe have some extra specializations from the Divisions in order to say "okay, *this* is what the Cerulean Lute expects from you" but that's it.
This is curious to me. I found the extra skill dots to be a good way to represent a considerably increased focus on training as described in setting. What is the advantage of having the exact same starting setup as other splats?

LordofArcana

Validated User
I think gold vs bronze should be more about theories of history.

The Gold Faction believes that history broadly flows from the top down: great leaders bend the arc of history to their own ends.
The Bronze Faction believes that history broadly flows from the bottom up: fundamental principles control everyone.

In the absence of Solars, the Gold Faction instead worked through prophets and kings. They were also the main supporters of the Empress. The Bronze Faction was much more of a fan of the Immaculate Order.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Seems likely, given the adjustment made to Dragon Blooded character creation.

DariusSolluman

Validated User
I think gold vs bronze should be more about theories of history.

The Gold Faction believes that history broadly flows from the top down: great leaders bend the arc of history to their own ends.
The Bronze Faction believes that history broadly flows from the bottom up: fundamental principles control everyone.

In the absence of Solars, the Gold Faction instead worked through prophets and kings. They were also the main supporters of the Empress. The Bronze Faction was much more of a fan of the Immaculate Order.
Ooooh, I like that too.

Ember Dragon

wannabe otokoyaku
Validated User
I do think one of the ways to show the Sidereal emphasis on Martial Arts would be to give them that merit for free.

Blaque

Evil Neko
Validated User
Devs I think have said that the training for Sidereals will be like the 1e one, a year and a day. So I kind of suspect they'll not get the same amount of freebies they did in previous editions, shown with Dragon-Blooded not getting seven extra Ability dots for being assumed to have Exalted within a decade.

That said, I do kind of suspect Sidereals in the Bureau of Destiny probably do get extra specialites like the DBs get with their "has education" bonus in the 3e book. And a pool of extra Merits, and free MAs.

Something of note I'm kind of interested is that the Sword probably is no longer coupled with the Martial Arts Abiltiy braodly, and based on how I read the devs on going more to the 1e spread, I think might be linked with Integrity. I'm curious how basicalyl the Sword as less kung fu and mroe "the executionor's blade" goes.

Top Bottom