[Exalted] Who's still playing it? Tell me about your game.

Andrew Sheeler

Crime Fighter
Validated User
I'm wistfully looking at my Ex3 PDFs and longing to run Exalted again but it's unlikely I'll be able to get a local group together for it any time soon. So since I'm missing out, I'd love to know what you're group is up to in Creation. Are you playing in the 1e, 2e or 3e setting? What have you done with the teased-but-not-yet-fleshed-out Exigents, Liminals, Getimians?

Aaron Mouritsen

RadioFreeDeath
Validated User
Just wrapped up a fourteen month long solar 3e game. It was all set in the east. They fought the bull of the north to a standstill helped the llinowan defeat the haltans in a pyrrhic victory. Tricked raksi into helping them invade heaven and stopped the loom from being destroyed by shoat of the mire.

Rocket Propelled Grenade

Freelance Merc For Hire
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Currently between campaigns, as the Solars one I ran for about a year and a half wrapped up in December, and we're currently waiting for a player from that to finish prep on his Dragon-Blooded game. Both are 3E. Nothing was done with the new Exalt types, but I did have a planned storyline that I ended up not doing in my Solar game where the former rival of one of the players stole the fires of Exigence and gave them to Octavian so he could be molded into a bootleg Infernal, more or less. Mostly ended up skipping it because I wanted a break from GMing the campaign, rather than because I didn't like the idea. I think it could have been fun, if difficult to stat out and run.

nikink

Rampant Green
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm intermittently running two 3e games. One in the Dreaming Sea region, where a Zenith, Twilight and Night have more or less inadvertently destabilized a local balance of power between the Spirit Court, Heaven, Fae, and mortal kingdoms. Also they now have control of an important trading town and surrounding region.

The other in the Western Sea is a test run Exalted Hexcrawl. Full Circle encountering weird islands, demons, Fae, and Spirits. I say islands, but so far they've only found the one and gotten distracted exploring it because they got intrigued by the random nature of hexcrawling and encounter tables. :)

Kelly Pedersen

Validated User
I'm currently running a 3e game. It's been going on for more than a year now, but since we're only doing monthly sessions, we haven't got too many under our belt so far. The basic concept is a "hexcrawl" style game, where the players are exploring the landscape around their starting area, and having adventures tied to the location. The players are all from Autochthonia, which has broken through into Creation at the starting location, and thus needs to explore to figure out what's out there and the current situation in Creation. The players all started as Solars, Exalting soon after breaking through, but one of the players has since switched to playing an Alchemical, which he and I have homebrewed rules for.

Black Flag

Dweller on the Threshold
Validated User
About to start one in the next week or two. I’m thinking to set it in the Southeast now that there’s interesting stuff there, and it seems like a nice setting for Exalted noobs, which all of my players will be.

Sly9

Validated User
I'm wistfully looking at my Ex3 PDFs and longing to run Exalted again but it's unlikely I'll be able to get a local group together for it any time soon. So since I'm missing out, I'd love to know what you're group is up to in Creation. Are you playing in the 1e, 2e or 3e setting? What have you done with the teased-but-not-yet-fleshed-out Exigents, Liminals, Getimians?
I've yet to run an in-person game of 3E...I doubt I will for quite some time. Early last year I was running a homebrew Sidereal game that was going to feature a Getimian as the primary antagonist for the story arc, but the players never made it to him before the game fizzled out. I also had another game fizzle out about four months ago (it was a duet), but this one was with a Solar set near Kamthahar. I really would love to play Exalted....but all people seem to want to play is Pathfinder and DnD. #feelsbadman

Bejazeus

Validated User
I'm about to start a game set in the dreaming sea but using City of Mist for the ruleset, I'm probably going to stick to more of a shonen heavy 2nd edition feel but at least using the map from my kickstarter copy of 3rd edition and adding in a lot of elric flavour.

Top Bottom