• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Exalted] Who's still playing it? Tell me about your game.

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
I ran a campaign in the 3e setting (the new SE Dreaming Sea) using Godbound. It was great to cover many different Exalted types and much more story than we could previously, that we are looking to play a sequel to it.

Blackwingedheaven

Crystal Human
Validated User
I ran a short campaign in the Dreaming Sea region last year, and I'm gearing up to run a longer one in the east/southeast later this year.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I am, though I'd prefer to get the full compiled pdf first, as the previews while great are cumbersome to navigate when trying to make anything.
Oh of course. I don't believe that will be very long from now, I think it was something like a week for What Fire Has Wrought.

Black Flag

Dweller on the Threshold
Validated User
Oh, Onyx Path, how much better thy Kickstarters have become!

I have a player who would probably dig Lunars a lot, but she knows nothing about the game at all, and Lunars seems to call for more conceptual load upfront. So she made a Twilight instead. Maybe her next one will be a Lunar.

Kelly Pedersen

Validated User
Dreaming Sea seems pretty popular. It also caught my attention.
Of the five areas of the map that Exalted 3rd Edition added or changed significantly (those being the addition of "Frosty Dorito Island", the triangular island in the Northwest; The Caul; the whole Southwest coast below An Teng; Mela's Fangs and the Fang Lakes between them in the Northeast; and the Dreaming Sea), I'd say the Dreaming Sea is the most interesting. It has multiple cool locations (Prasad, Ysyr, Volivat, Palanquin, etc.), with some relationships between them that provide natural story hooks, and it's also larger than almost all the other regions, so there's more potential to put your own stuff in there and support more epic, large-scale campaigns. None of the other new regions have all those advantages, I think, even if some of them can compete with the Dreaming Sea in individual areas.

Tantavalist

Validated User
I'm running a long-term 1-on-1 game with a single player. It uses 2e stats and Charms but mostly as references for freeform- while I love the setting I'm increasingly finding that the rules are my biggest obstacle to playing it.

BlackWingedHeaven's Cortex Prime would probably be what I used if I ever ran it tabletop for a group again, though reading the John Carter RPG has also given me some mad ideas for running Exalted with the Modiphius 2d20 system...

Lord Raziere

Banned
Validated User
I'm running a long-term 1-on-1 game with a single player. It uses 2e stats and Charms but mostly as references for freeform- while I love the setting I'm increasingly finding that the rules are my biggest obstacle to playing it.

BlackWingedHeaven's Cortex Prime would probably be what I used if I ever ran it tabletop for a group again, though reading the John Carter RPG has also given me some mad ideas for running Exalted with the Modiphius 2d20 system...
You run freeform Exalted? man thats living my dream. maybe I should figure out the rules for freeform Exalted, its the type of roleplay I got the most experience in. though I'm up for Cortex exalted whenever.

Tantavalist

Validated User
It's also played online and not in real time, so freeform works best that way. You can't really run a traditional system-and-dice RPG when you get a few back-and-forth posts per day. But just using the descriptions of the stats, skills and Charms gives me a good feel for what the player character should be able to do.

SibKhatru

Validated User
Ex3 intrigues me. But system mastery seems crucial. And running it? Gah! The antagonists seem overwhelming.

Am I wrong?

Top Bottom