• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Expanse] [Literature] Tiamat's Wrath

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Damn, the two chapters with Bobbie, Alex and The Heart of the Tempest are some top flight, awesome stuff.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Damn, the two chapters with Bobbie, Alex and The Heart of the Tempest are some top flight, awesome stuff.
I just love that entire setup of "here's this totally impossible mission, you got this, right?"

Because we know they got this.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
It is so unsurprising, the way Trejo and Ilich become utter dickheads the moment things stop going Laconia's way and people stop obeying them without question.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Holden is probably a better man than I for not
Spoiler: Show
activating Amos' pocket nuke when Teresa takes him near it.

Also, his long game is some masterful shit.

And, finally:

Spoiler: Show
"I think they may have been making some more antimatter" Alex said, dryly. "Not sure that was the best idea."

Last edited:

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Finished. That was a great entry in the series and good setup for the last book. Presumably the Goths will keep dialling in their conciousness-destroying weapon and that will be the focus.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Yeah, I dunno where the last book is going, there's a pretty hefty escalation in store, or maybe the series will end on the verge of a brand-new frontier of uncertainty.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I doubt everything will be resolved but the immediate threat to all humanity will be stopped.

Given the strong themes of aging and passing generations, I reckon several main cast members will die. Maybe all of them.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
On the other hand, given the strong hopepunk element of the series (books and TV alike), I'm pretty sure the big solution won't be about how to blow something up. Which is another reason for my speculation regarding the Goths earlier in this thread.

Top Bottom